Canvas Quiz Questions
Click on Quizzes in left side-bar
Click on Create a New Quiz in right side bar (Note Manage Question Bank)
- Name the quiz, edit quiz instructions, right side-bar provides access to course assets (files/images)
- Quiz Type: Practice Quiz, Graded Quiz, Graded Survey, Ungraded Survey
- Shuffle Answers
- Multiple Attempts
- Show Which Answers Were Correct
- Restrict this Quiz (Access code, Filter by IP (e.g. on campus only), Require Respondus LockDown Browser)
- one question at a time
Types of Questions
- Multiple Choice
Comments for choice
Comments for choice
- Fill in the Blank
Mark blank with _____?
- Fill in Multiple Blank
Mark blanks as [answer1], [answer2] etc., i.e. within 
- Multiple Answers
Allows for multiple correct or incorrect answers
- Multiple Dropdowns
Include place for answers as [answer1], [answers], i.e within 
- Numerical answer
Answer within range or exact answer with error margin. Multiple answers?
- Formula Question
Question includes random number and the answer is calculated with a formula. Pre-calculated multiple problems are possible.
- Essay Question
Student given a text filed to provide their answer
- File Upload Question
Students prepare their answer as a file and upload to Canvas for grading. File types not specified as with assignments.
- Text (no question)
Probably should go at the top to provide instructions etc. With Canvas this is easy to arrange.
Don't forget to Update each question
SAVE the Quiz
Before moving on.
Click on Quizzes - Select Quiz
Edit (see above)
Quiz Settings (Gear wheel)
- Show Rubric (grading criteria for more free form questions
- Preview (quick preview without having to use the Test Student)
- Lock this down now (prevents student taking the quiz - unlock to allow students to take the quiz)
- Show student quiz results
- Message students who (have taken/not taken the quiz)
Related Items (Right side-bar)
- Quiz Statistics
- Moderate this Quiz
- Download all files
- SpeedGrader (grade open format quiz questions and assignments)
More Canvas? Respond to other questions?
iBooks Author, Powerpoint Voice-Over, Open Labyrinth, web pages...
Ask for help
David Bourne (firstname.lastname@example.org - V20-4116)