All of your prerequisite classes will be considered transfer credit. This college level credit may be accepted by the University of Colorado if:
- It has been earned at a regionally accredited college or university.
- A grade of C (not C-) or better has been attained.
- The credit is for courses appropriate to the degree sought at this institution.
- It is not vocational-technical course work.
- It is not remedial course work.
Only Statistics and General Chemistry prerequisites can be met using AP credit; click here
to view the AP Credit Transfer Guide.
- The minimum score shown is required to transfer the AP credit to meet prerequisites and electives.
- The official transcript (score report) from the College Board is required to show the score(s) earned. This document needs to be sent directly to the College of Nursing at the mailing address below.
CLEP credits will not be considered for the UCAN applicants.
Prerequisite courses taken for pass/fail credit will not be accepted. The grade of P will be accepted provided it is equivalent to C (not C-) or better and is so indicated on the transcript.
Study Abroad Course Work
Transcripts for study abroad course work from a non-U.S. institution are required. A course-by-course evaluation will performed by the College of Nursing through the Office of International Affairs. Applicant need to request official transcripts to be sent directly to the College of Nursing.
Correspondence and Extension
A maximum of 30 semester hours of correspondence and extension credit may count toward the degree.
- Correspondence and extension credit must meet the guidelines for transfer of college level credit and are subject to review. Please call 303-724-1812 to speak with an admission specialist for more details.
International Credit (Including Study Abroad Course Work)
If you attended a college or university outside of the U.S., the College of Nursing requires official transcripts mailed from the issuing institutions to the College of Nursing using the address below. Transcripts in sealed envelopes submitted by anyone other than the issuing institution will not be accepted as official. The College of Nursing will perform a course-by-course evaluation of international transcripts though the Office of International Affairs. It is strongly recommended that the international transcripts be ordered several months before the application deadline.
All required transcripts and/or AP must be received by the application deadlines.
College of Nursing
Office of Student Affairs & Diversity
13120 E 19th Ave, C288-6
Aurora, CO 80045