Student Learning Objectives for the Human Medical Genetics and Genomics Ph.D.
The Ph.D. program in Human Medical Genetics trains graduate students to become proficient and successful investigators who are able to:
1. Demonstrate a basic knowledge of central concepts in the biomedical sciences.
2. Understand current concepts in human genetics and genomics.
3. Read and critically evaluate the scientific literature.
4. Formulate hypotheses based on current concepts in the field and design, conduct, and interpret their own research projects.
5. Present research results in peer-reviewed publications and in a dissertation.
6. Communicate research results effectively through oral presentations at scientific seminars, conferences, and other venues.
7. Write a competitive application for research funding.
8. Develop ancillary skills, where necessary, to obtain positions outside of scientific research.
Human Medical Genetics and Genomics Student Handbook
Graduate School Rules and Policies
Graduate School Rules and Policies 4.13