The Anna and John J. Sie Foundation is a catalyst for improving the lives of people with Down syndrome. The foundation is one of the leaders in funding programs and organizations that are dedicated to research, education, clinical care and advocacy for people with Down syndrome.
In just over two years, the foundation has committed more than $36 million in grants and endowments, including funding for the Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome that will fully integrate the highest quality basic, translational and clinical research, clinical trials, therapeutic development, medical care, education and advocacy.
The following is a timeline of the key accomplishments and commitments to date:
- Held two more Rocky Mountain Down Syndrome Educational Symposium Series
- Helped to fund the first life skills class in Colorado for adult with Down syndrome through the Denver Adult Down Syndrome Clinic
- Recruited Patricia Winders to Colorado as a first step towards establishing a clinical care center for children with Down syndrome
- Underwrote the labs of three key scientists working on Down syndrome who have consequently made some important breakthroughs
- Provided a $140K grant to fund the first research on how children with Down syndrome learn to read
- Established the Anna and John J. Sie Center for Down Syndrome at Children’s Hospital Colorado in Denver, Colorado with a $2 million endowment
- Established the Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome at the University of Colorado’s Anschutz Medical Campus with a $34 million commitment
The Anna and John J. Sie Foundation supports the sharing of knowledge amongst peoples and cultures throughout the global community, with an emphasis on Down syndrome, international security and diplomacy, education, media, business and technology. The foundation is a supporter of Children’s Hospital Colorado, the University of Colorado’s “The Sie Family Down Syndrome Break-Through Research Initiative,” the University of Denver’s Korbel School of International Studies, the Denver Art Museum, the Starz Film Center and numerous other civic, social and educational institutions.