The School of Medicine Office of Faculty Affairs has a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Providing assistance for preparing and processing all faculty actions, including new appointments, promotions, tenure awards, and sabbatical requests.
- Assisting faculty members, department chairs and administrators in the interpretation of University and School of Medicine rules.
- Maintaining a Faculty Development Seminar website and publishing the Faculty Matters Newsletter to promote faculty development.
- Leading several faculty development programs that are aimed especially at junior faculty members who are beginning, or building, their careers as clinician-educators, scientists or scholars.
- Coordinating several school-wide projects addressing faculty professionalism, diversity, conflicts-of-interest and other topics.
Faculty Affairs Resources