Hello Class of 2017!
CREATE Health Scholars is a program for undergraduates enrolled in Colorado colleges and universities who are interested in pursuing a health profession. It is a residency program in which students gain skills and experience in a variety of fields including job shadowing, service learning, official KAPLAN Test Preparation, mock interviews, presentation from most of the health professional schools in Colorado, and much more.
We need Team Leaders to help run the program and to be a resource for students. As a CREATE Health Scholars Team Leader you will work with undergraduates as they prepare to apply to health professional or graduate schools. CREATE Health Scholars is a program for Colorado undergraduate college students interested in Behavioral Health, Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Public Health, and Research. During two one-month-long summer sessions in Denver, CREATE Health Scholars Team Leaders will:
- provide tutoring in math and/or science
- help improve student writing skills (e.g., personal statements)
- lead small-group discussions
- lead practicums (dissection, suturing, mock interviews, PBL’s)
- provide general guidance, support and advisement to each month’s students
The CREATE Health Scholars intensive summer sessions will be at Regis University and University of Colorado-Anschutz Medical Campus from June 3-28, 2013 and/or July 1-26, 2013.
Graduate students enrolled in health-related fields, including all Allied Health programs, Public Health, Behavioral Health, Biomedical Research, Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, Pharmacy, etc.:
- Must reside on campus throughout each of the two summer sessions
- Must be available for followup with team during academic year
- Must be in good academic standing
- Experience in education, service learning and/or program design a plus
CREATE Health Scholar Team Leaders receive:
- Room & Board
- Paid employment for two months