To request an Outpatient appointment, call 303-724-1000.
Hours of Operation:
Monday & Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Wednesday 1:30 to 5:00 PM
Please arrive at least 30 minutes early and bring the following:
- A photo ID (driver’s license, passport, state or military ID are acceptable).
- Your insurance card. If covered by a spouse's policy, know your spouse's date of birth and Social Security number. Patients should bring their Medicare insurance information, including information on Part D.
- A referral form or authorization number, if required, by your insurance company.
- Proof of guardianship is required – for minors.
- Previous medical records.
- A list of all prescription and over-the-counter medications you take.
- Name, address and phone number of the referring doctor (if relevant).
Please note that your initial consultation may result in a variety of recommendations according to best practices. While we strive to meet everyone’s behavioral health needs, sometimes we are required to refer to outside agencies or specialists to ensure best results.2
- We will ask you to complete intake paperwork, including a Health History Questionnaire.
- Your initial consultation will be completed by a psychiatric resident, child psychiatry fellow, intern, social work intern, or medical student in collaboration with a senior faculty supervisor.
- Most consultations are completed within 60 to 90 minutes (1 to 1.5 hours).
- Your clinicians will offer treatment options, recommendations and follow up appointments – if applicable.
There is free valet parking in front of the Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute (RMLEI) at 17th and Aurora Court (see UCH-AMC map). You will then have a brief walk north to Building 500. There is also hourly paid parking (including handicap access) north of Building 500 (see Visitor Parking map).After entering the building take the main elevator to the 2nd floor and turn right to go down the 2-West hallway to the Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic. 3
- Primary services for developmental disabilities; try JFK Partners.
- Forensic (court ordered) evaluations; try Denver Health Medical Center.
- Persons who need specialized care for drug and alcohol conditions; try ARTS or CeDAR.
- Individuals who need intensive case management services; try your county community mental health center (for more info, check here).
For urgent issues that need to be addressed before the next business
day, please call 303-724-1000 to contact the on-call psychiatrist.
If you have not completed your initial comprehensive assessment and are
in need of assistance prior to the next business day, please call Colorado Crisis Services at 1-844-493-TALK (8255).
If an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room.