FORT COLLINS - A Colorado father is thanking a Texas family for sharing the story of their tragedy and therefore potentially saving the life of his son.
Garon Vega's 2-year-old son Gio almost died of dry drowning this week. But, the family was able to save him because they had seen the story of 4-year-old Frankie Delgado whose parents said he recently passed away after swimming in Texas.
The Delgados had said that Frankie died of a rare phenomenon called dry drowning.
Vega said Gio was playing on the steps of a pool Wednesday when he swallowed some water.
Vega didn't think anything of it at the time. But, as the day went on the 2-year-old was getting sicker and sicker.