THE CWHR Faculty Research Development Awards
Four 1-year grants of $25,000 have been awarded to exceptional junior investigators for the conduct of research focused in areas that will help improve the diagnosis, treatment, or management of cardiovascular disease and/or diabetes in women.
Any disease or physiological question will be considered if it involves cardiovascular disease or diabetes in some way (e.g., cardiovascular complications of rheumatoid arthritis).
Priority has been given to grants that focus on:
• cardiovascular disease in adult women including, but not limited to:
• sex differences in cardiovascular disease
• cardiovascular implications of the menopause
• female sex hormones with relevance to cardiovascular disease and/or diabetes
• Type 1 and/or Type 2 diabetes in adults or children