Please note our jobsite is down but we are continuing the hiring process so please contact Heather Fordyce if you're interested in this or any of our open positions.
The Department of Neurology, Neurohospitalist/Stroke Division, and the Department of Medicine, Hospital Medicine Group, has an immediate opening for a full time Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The primary appointment will be in the Department of Neurology with secondary appointment in the Department of Medicine.
Job Responsibilities: Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work in collaboration with the Department of Neurology Neurohospitalist/Stroke faculty and provide clinical care for General Neurology/Stroke inpatients, inpatient or ED consultation patients (including Neurology/Stroke inpatient, Neuro-ICU, and Step Down patients), and observations status patients.
- Two to three half-day clinics per week (Neurohospitalist/Stroke follow-up patients), as well as some nights and weekend coverage.
- Participate in Neurohospitalist/Stroke clinical trials.
- Teaching and education of PA’s and NP’s, nursing staff, pharmacy staff, ED staff, medical students, neurology residents, patients, patient families, patient caregivers, and others.
- Non-clinical responsibilities include input into hospital systems, development of critical pathways, quality and process improvement, committee work, and projects aimed at improving the Neurohospitalist/Stroke and Hospital Medicine Group mission. You will also be expected to attend the group’s meetings and educational events. Other duties may be assigned as need arises.
- Opportunities to mentor/coach and precept advanced practice (NP/PA) fellows.