Welcome to the Department of Medicine Faculty Advancement Office (FAO).
Learn about our services and resources for faculty - DOM Faculty Advancement Brochure
Monthly Faculty Development Activities Handout (updated last week of every month for Division Head distribution)
DOM Faculty Development Activities
Activities of Note: (review handout for other opportunities and additonal details on below)
Details / Contact Information
DOM Unconscious Bias Training
all faculty and staff
School of Medicine (SOM) Promotion 101
Spring/Summer 2018 session to be determined
Session registration (when dates confirmed) can be found on the SOM events page
School of Medicine (SOM) Mentoring and Advising
junior faculty and fellows
The Department of Medicine believes in investing in our faculty. Our mission is to foster ongoing professional development for all levels of faculty in the Department of Medicine. We are committed to providing services and programs that promote career advancement and success of our faculty in each of the unique dimensions of our mission – education, research, patient care and community service.
- Faculty Advancement will be a strategic capability in continuing to improve the effectiveness, productivity, leadership capacity, diversity, and retention of the department’s faculty.
- The programs and infrastructure of Faculty Advancement will be dynamic, anticipating and supporting the evolving needs of the department’s faculty, and adapting significant new methods for leadership and professional development - for more information about how we identify and meet the needs of our faculty, read about our Faculty Development Advisory Council.
- The programs and services offered by Faculty Advancement will actively enhance the diversity of our faculty and foster a culture of inclusion.
- The performance and outcomes of Faculty Advancement will be central to realizing the Department’s vision of being one of the very best Departments of Medicine in the country.
Key areas where the Faculty Advancement Office offers support to faculty include:
- Early-career mentoring program. We oversee the expanded early-career faculty mentoring program, ensuring a consistent approach across all divisions, and assist in performing mid-course reviews for early-career faculty to help them successfully advance their careers at CU.
- Leadership development programs. We are developing programs to provide leadership training to Department of Medicine faculty and leaders.
- Career development support. We assist faculty from initial orientation through later career stages in exploration of options for career growth and in navigating School of Medicine promotion and tenure processes. We will assist faculty in identifying additional training opportunities that will help them excel and advance at CU.
- Learning and development resources liaison. We connect Department of Medicine faculty to professional development and leadership development opportunities at the School of Medicine, across CU, and nationally - see resource pages for early, mid, and senior faculty in menu at left.
Please use the menu at left to learn more about the services and support available through the Faculty Advancement Office, or contact us:
Vice Chair for Faculty Advancement
Penny Archuleta, MA
Director, Faculty Advancement Office
You may also send an email to DOMFacAdvancement@ucdenver.edu for individual assistance or support.
Stressed, burned out, depressed?