- 1976 B.A., Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- 1978 M.Sc., Biology, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio
- 1983 Ph.D., Biology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland,Ohio
- 1983 Postdoctoral Fellowship, Molecular Biology, Stanford Univ., Palo Alto, CA
- 1983 Postdoctoral Fellowship, Molecular Biology, Univ. of Colo. Medical School, Denver, CO
- Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 2010-Present
- William Evans Visiting Professor Fellow, University of Otago at Christchurch, New Zealand, 2009-2010
- PAC for Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, 2008-Present
- Faculty Excellence in Research Award, Department of Pharmacology, 2006
- Professor, Department of Pharmacology, 2004 - present
- Member, Advisory Committee, Case Western Reserve University's NIH Center for Genetic Research Ethics and Law, 2004-present
- Director of the University of Colorado Minority Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship, 2002-present.
- Faculty Fellow, Institute for Behavioral Genetics, 2002-present
- Co-Founder, Evolutionary Genomics, 2001-present
- Scientific Advisory Board, Genomic Solutions, 2001-2003
- Scientific Advisory Board, Evolutionary Genomics, 2001-2004
- National Human Genome Research Institute, Senior Fellow, ELSI Program 1999-2000
- Department of Pharmacology Teacher of the Year Award 1997-98
- Second-year Medical Student Special Teaching Award, 1997-98
- Co-Founder, GenoPlex, 1997-2001
- Chairman, Scientific Advisory Committee, University of Iowa NIH Human Genome Center, 1993-1996
- Eppley Institute Visiting Professor of Oncology, University of Nebraska School of Medicine, 1996
- Founder, Genome Technologies, 1994-95
- Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 1994-2004.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado School of Medicine. 1987-1994.
- Co-Director, Molecular Biology Laboratory, VA Neurosciences and Schizophrenia Center, 1989-1995.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 1983-1987.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Tumor Biology Training Grant, Department of Pathology, Stanford University, 1983.
- National Institutes of Health Predoctoral Fellow, Developmental Biology Training Grant, Department of Biology, Case Western Reserve University, 1977-1981.
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship in Biology, Department of Biology, Cleveland State University, 1976-1977.
GRADUATE TRAINING FACULTY MEMBERSHIPS
- Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, 2010-present
- Department of Pharmacology, 1987-present
- Human Medical genetics Program, 1996-present
Neuroscience Program, 1989-present
- Molecular Biology Program, 1989-1999
- Medical Scientist Training Program, 1988-present
- Center for Computational Biology, 2001-present
- Faculty fellow, Institute for Behavioral genetics, 2002-present
- Society for Neuroscience, 1986-present
- American Society of Human Genetics, 1988-present
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 1988-present
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 1990-present
- Human Genome Organization (HUGO), 1991-present
- Research Society on Alcoholism, 1993-present
- National Center for Science Education 1997-present
- International Society for Computational Biology, 2002-present.