- Ben Akiyama joined the lab as a post-doc in October. Ben received his PhD at UC Santa Cruz in the lab of Michael Stone.
- Andrea MacFadden joined the lab as a personal research assistant.
- Zoe O’Donoghue started a rotation in the lab, she is working with Erich on characterizing Xrn1-resistant RNAs.
- Natalie Herrera started her rotation in the lab, she is working with Zane on hepatitis C virus-like IRES-driven translation initiation.
- Yumeng Hao’s paper has been published in RNA, and she was selected to give a talk at the Zing Nucleic Acids meeting in December. Congratulations!
- Karen Vockrodt is taking over for Annie Vazquez to help out with administrative support. Thanks!
- Recent publications from the lab have been featured in various places:
NIH Biomedical Beat