Cancer Biology Program Students
1. Why did you choose the UC Denver Cancer Biology Program?
a. Of all the places I interviewed, the faculty here was the most engaging and excited about their work. I
also loved the huge focus on translational research.
2. What labs are you rotating in?
a. I rotated with Jennifer Richer, Paul Jedlicka, and Rob Winn
3. Please describe you project?
a. It was previously found in the lab that a protein called gamma catenin could act as a tumor suppressor
in lung cancer. However, mechanisms for how gamma catenin accomplishes this are ill defined. My project is to
try and tease out a possible mechanism for how this protein works.
4. Where did you attend undergraduate school and what was your major/minor?
a. CU Boulder, BA in Astrophysics and Molecular Cellular and Developmental Biology
5. What you did (if anything) between undergraduate and graduate school?
a. I worked at the High Altitude Observatory, studying the sun.
6. Other school affiliated activities/clubs you are involved in?
a. I’m in the Arrhythmias, the campus choir.
7. What do you like to do outside of school?
a. I like ice skating, archery, and playing music.
8. What is your favorite thing about Colorado?
a. It’s really hard to pick, but I think it’s really nice how many things there are to do and they are all
pretty close. It’s not hard to take a weekend and try something new.
9. Your contact information-