- PhD, Viral Oncology, Rockefeller University, New York (1981)
Postdoctoral Fellow, Laboratory of Tumor Virus Genetics,
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD (1981-82)
- Signal transduction by cytokine receptors including prolactin and interleukin-3 receptors
- Regulation of apoptosis
- Mammary Gland Development
- Breast cancer
- View Full Research Page
Recent Publications (2002 to date):
Previous Selected Publications:
- Lee RCH, Walters JA, Reyland ME, and Anderson SM (1999) "Constitutive activation of the prolactin receptor results in the induction of growth-factor-independent proliferation and constitutive activation of signaling molecules," J Biol Chem 274:10024-10034.
- Hunter S, Burton EA, Wu SC, and Anderson SM (1999) "Fyn associates with Cbl and phosphorylates tyrosine 731 in Cbl, a binding site for phosphstidylinositol 3-kinase," J Biol Chem 274:2097-2106.
- Anderson SM, Reyland ME, Hunter S, Diesher LM, Barzen KA, and Quissel DO (1999) Etoposide-induced activation of c-jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) correlates with drug-induced apoptosis in salivary gland acinar cells. Cell Death and Differentiation 6, 454-462.
- Reyland ME, Anderson SM, Matassa AA, Barzen KA, and Quissel DO (1999) Protein kinase C delta is essential for etoposide-induced apoptosis in salivary gland acinar cells. J. Biol. Chem. 274, 19115-19123.
- Gibson S, Tu S, Oyer R, Anderson SM, and Johnson GL (1999) Epidermal growth factor protects epithelial cells against fas induced apoptosis: Requirement for Akt activation. J. Biol. Chem. 274, 17612-17618.
- Gibson SB, Oyer R, Spalding AC, Anderson SM, and Johnson GL (2000) Increased expression of death receptors 4 and 5 synergizes the apoptosis response to combined treatment with etoposide and TRAIL. Mol. Cell. Biol. 20, 205-212.
- Richert MM, Schwertfeger KL, Ryder JW, and Anderson SM (2000) An atlas of mouse mammary gland development. J. Mammary Gland Dev. Neoplasia, 5:227-241.
- Matassa A, Barzen KA, Anderson SM, Quissell DO, and Reyland ME (2000) Activation of PKC is sufficient to induce an apoptotic program in salivary gland acinar cells. Cell Death and Differentiation, 7:1200-1209.
- Schwertfeger KL, Hunter S, Heasley LE, Leon RP, DeGregori J, and Anderson SM (2001) Prolactin stimulates activation of c-jun N-terminal kinase (JNK). Mol. Endocrinol., 15:867-881.
- Schwertfeger KL, Richert MM, and Anderson, SM (2001) Mammary gland involution is delayed by activated Akt in transgenic mice. Mol. Endocrinol. 15, 867-881.
- Boonyaratanakornkit V, Scott MP, Ribon V, Sherman L, Anderson SM, Maller JL, Miller WT, and Edwards, DP (2001) Progesterone receptor contains a proline-rich motif that directly interacts with SH3 domains and activates c-Src family tyrosine kinases. Mol. Cell 8:269-280.
Research Center 1 South
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
12801 East 17th Avenue
Mail Stop 8104
Aurora, CO 80045