University of Colorado School of Medicine
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
Anschutz Medical Campus
Leprino Building, Campus Box B215
12401 East 17th Avenue
Aurora, CO 80045
Foster R. Goss, DO, MMSc, is interested in patient safety, clinical informatics, care-coordination/transitions in care, natural language processing and electronic health records, allergy modeling and information. His research focuses on both decision analysis and quality of care, as it relates to patient safety, communication and coordination of care.
|University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
||Environmental, Population, Organismic Biology|
|University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, Biddeford, ME
||Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine|
|Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
||Emergency Medicine Residency|
|Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
|Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA
||Division of Clinical Decision Making, Informatics, and Telemedicine Fellowship|
- Encoding and Processing Patient Allergy Information in EHRs
Role: Site PI, Co-Principal Investigator (Co-PI)
Funding Agency: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
Funding Period: October 2012 - October 2017
Aim: To explore an important and understudied area in Health IT and patient safety domains focusing on allergy terminology standards, natural language processing and allergy reconciliation.
Selected Publications (6 out of 13)
- Horng S, Goss FR, Nathanson LA. Prospective Pilot Study of an iPad Tablet Computer in an Emergency Department, Int J Med Inform, 2012.
- Pauker S, Goss FR. Using Models to Imagine the Future: What To Do When The Data Run Out? Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 2012.
- Pauker S, Goss FR. Using Models to Imagine the Future: What To Do When The Data Run Out? Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 2012
- Zhou L, Goss FR. How Many Medications are Entered through Free-text in EHRs? - A Study on Hypoglycemic Agents, AMIA Annual Symp Proc. 2012.
- Goss FR, Zhou L. Evaluating Standard Terminologies for Encoding Allergy Information. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2013.
- Shu T, Lui H, Goss FR et al. EHR adoption across China’s tertiary hospitals: A crosssectional observational study. Int J Med Inform, 2013.