Application Procedures (Please complete the following):
- Select a research program that best suits your interests
- Membership Application Form - please contact Jill.Penafiel@ucdenver.edu
- The Cancer Relevance Information Form and Statement (in application form)
- Current copy of the applicant’s complete curriculum vitae. The statement of cancer research interest should contain sufficient detail to allow reviewers to understand how the applicant is involved in cancer research (i.e. basic, clinical or both), what types of cancer are impacted by the applicant’s research or clinical activities, and whether the research has translational potential. In addition, the applicant’s statement should provide the names of other cancer center members with whom (s)he collaborates or intends to establish collaborations, and identify any shared resources that (s)he intends to use in pursuit of the applicant’s cancer research program.
- E-mail your completed application in Word format to Jill.Penafiel@ucdenver.edu.
Applications are reviewed by the Co-Leaders of the research program selected by the candidate. The Program Co-Leaders are required to specify, as part of their review, how the candidate will contribute to and strengthen the program. The Program Co-Leaders also recommend the membership level. Program Co-Leaders may elect to contact an applicant directly to obtain any necessary clarifications and/or to discuss in-depth the applicant’s interests and area(s) of cancer-relevant activities.
Following endorsement by the Program Co-Leaders, the application is directed to the Membership Committee which is responsible for verifying eligibility according to the criteria outlined in Section 3 of the Membership Guidelines and recommending either: approval of the candidate and of the membership level; or disapproval.
A recommendation for approval of membership by the Membership Committee must be unanimous. Decisions lacking unanimity will be addressed by the Membership Committee Chair, who will provide a summary opinion to the Cancer Center Director. The Program Co-Leader and Membership Committee recommendations are forwarded to the Cancer Center Director for final approval
Applications from exceptional individuals who are not engaged in independent laboratory, clinical, or population-based research, yet who contribute to the Cancer Center’s mission may be considered for Affiliate membership status. These applications will be reviewed by the Membership Committee, evaluated by the Cancer Center’s Executive Committee and approved by the Cancer Center Director.