phone: (303) 724-8460
office: ED2N – Rm. 4114
Sara is an established leader through international contributions to psychiatric mental health nursing, research in leadership development, and scholarship in advancing reflective pedagogies in nursing education.
She is the Watson Caring Science Endowed Chair. In this role she advances the art and science of human caring knowledge, ethics, and clinical practice in the fields of nursing and health sciences. She fosters research, teaching and practice of human caring through facilitation of an interprofessional PhD program track and continuing education training programs integrating new knowledge from humanities, arts, cross-cultural spiritual disciplines and emerging scientific disciplines, developing and implementing innovative approaches to clinical practice, human caring and healing.
She was appointed as a Research Fellow at the University of South Africa-UNISA College of Human Sciences, Department of Health Studies, Johannesburg, South Africa and the 2nd Edition of her co-edited text Reflective Practice: Transforming Education and Improving Outcomes was published in 2017, (in press).
- Undergraduate Education: University of Evansville, Evansville, IN
- Masters in Psychiatric Nursing: Rush University, Chicago, IL
- Doctoral Education: Rush University, Chicago, IL
- Post-Doctoral Education: Rush University, Chicago, IL
- Caring Science - caring, healing and health
- Reflective and Mindful Practice
- Caring Leadership