The CU Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic provides high quality care to treat disease, infection, trauma and pathology involving the mouth and lower half of the face. From routine office visits and outpatient surgeries to very complex treatments and reconstructive surgeries, the CU Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic has the expertise and experience to deliver the best care to you and your family.
Meet Our Surgeons
Our board-certified oral & maxillofacial surgeons combine surgical training with dental expertise to deliver personalized care to fit your individual needs.
Patient Services Include:
To determine if a specific dental service is available, please call 303-724-4672.
- Dentoalveolar surgery - includes management of odontogenic infections; erupted, unerupted, and impacted teeth, including third molar extractions and defects and deformities of the dentoalveolar complex. Dental implant placement and site preparation for dental implants. Pre-prosthetic surgery including vestibuloplasty, frenuloplasty/frenectomy, soft tissue grafting around implants, osseous recontouring such as alveoloplasty, tori removal
- Pathology - diagnosis and management of pathological conditions, such as, cysts of bone; benign bone tumors; osteomyelitis; osteoradionecrosis; metabolic and dystrophic bone diseases; soft tissue cysts; benign and soft tissue tumors; vascular malformations of soft tissue and bone; mucosal diseases; salivary gland pathology, infections, local or systemic. Surgical procedures include, but are not limited to maxillary sinus procedures, cystectomy of bone and soft tissue, resection of head and neck tumors, reconstruction of complex head and neck defects, sialolithotomy, sialoadenectomy, management of head and neck infections; and trigeminal nerve surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery - includes harvesting of bone and soft tissue grafts and the insertion of implants. Sites for harvesting may include, but are not limited to the calvaria, rib, ilium, fibula, tibia, muscle, mucosa, and skin. Reconstructive procedures include, but are not limited to vestibuloplasties; augmentation procedures; TMJ reconstruction; management of continuity and maxillectomy defects; insertion of implants; facial cleft repair; and other reconstructive surgery of the oral and maxillofacial region
- Trauma Surgery - includes fractured and luxated teeth; alveolar process injuries; mandibular angle, body, ramus, and symphysis injuries; mandibular condyle injuries and dislocation; maxillary, zygomatic, orbital, and nasal bone injuries; naso-orbital-ethmoid complex injuries; frontal bone and frontal sinus injuries; auricle and scalp injuries; oral/perioral, periorbital, perinasal, and facial soft tissue injuries; airway obstruction; cricothyroidotomies; and tracheotomies
- Orthognathic surgery - includes the surgical correction of functional and aesthetic orofacial and craniofacial deformities of the mandible, maxilla, zygoma, and other facial bones. Surgical procedures include, but are not limited to ramus and body procedures; subapical segmental osteotomies; LeFort I, II, and III procedures; and craniofacial operations
- Cleft and Craniofacial Surgery - includes correction of primary cleft lip and palate; velopharyngeal incompetence; residual cleft lip and/or nasal deformities (secondary); maxillary alveolar cleft; residual maxillofacial skeletal deformities (secondary); craniofacial deformities; orbital and naso-orbital deformities
- Temporomandibular Joint Surgery - includes treatment of masticatory muscle disorders; internal derangements; degenerative joint disease; rheumatoid, infectious, and gouty arthritis; mandibular dislocation (recurrent or persistent); ankylosis and restricted jaw motion; and condylar hyperplasia or hypoplasia, arthroscopy, arthroplasty and total joint replacement
- Facial cosmetic surgery - includes, but is not limited to genioplasty; lipectomy; dermabrasion; scar revision; and correction of maxillofacial contour deformities
- Anesthesia - includes administration of conscious sedation, deep sedation, and general anesthesia as the operating surgeon for oral and maxillofacial surgery patients