Leading entrepreneurs and business professionals provide the Jake Jabs Center with direction and support as members of the Advisory Council. Members share a commitment to Colorado's long-term economic growth and a desire to help guide new business development initiatives. There are two levels of membership, the Advisory Council and Jake Jabs Center Mentors.
The Advisory Council provides valuable advice regarding the advancement of entrepreneurship education and new program development ensuring that the Jake Jabs Centers entrepreneurship curriculum is as relevant as possible with current and emerging business trends. The Council serves as a major financial support base for the operations of the Jake Jabs Center through annual individual member contributions and as a resource to identify other funding opportunities for the Center. In addition members serve on committees and dedicate time for student mentorship and resources.
- Rutt Bridges, Managing Partner, Quest Capital Partners III
- Jordan Eisenberg, Founder and President, UrgentRx
- David Gold, Managing Director, Access Venture Partners
- Mark Goodman, CEO, Boyer Coffee Company
- James B. Kaufman, Business Professional
- Stephanie Smeltzer McCoy, Columbine Capital Advisors, Managing Director
- Jung Park, Founder, Metroboom
- Joanne Posner-Mayer, Founder, Ball Dynamic International, Inc.
Our relationships with business leaders and successful entrepreneurs further expand opportunities for students to research, assess, present, and execute ideas whether for a new business or to revitalize mature organizations in response to a perceived opportunity.
Mentors are active members of the Jake Jabs Center planning and student involvement committees. They dedicate their time to enhancing the student’s entrepreneurial experience through networking events, business plan competition efforts, and more.