Leading entrepreneurs and business professionals provide the Jake Jabs Center with direction and support as members of the Advisory Council. Members share a commitment to Colorado's long-term economic growth and a desire to help guide new business development initiatives. There are two levels of membership, the Advisory Council and Jake Jabs Center Mentors.
The Advisory Council provides valuable advice regarding the advancement of entrepreneurship education and new program development ensuring that the Jake Jabs Centers entrepreneurship curriculum is as relevant as possible with current and emerging business trends. The Council serves as a major financial support base for the operations of the Jake Jabs Center through annual individual member contributions and as a resource to identify other funding opportunities for the Center. In addition members serve on committees and dedicate time for student mentorship and resources.
- Brian Amann, CEO, TaxOps (Executive level)
- Joel Appel, Owner and CEO, Launchpad (Executive level)
- Betty Arkell, Partner, Hollad and Hart (Executive level)
- Rutt Bridges, Managing Partner, Quest Capital Partners III (Executive level)
- Jordan Eisenberg, Founder and President, UrgentRx
- David Gold, Managing Director, Access Venture Partners (Executive level)
- Dawn Gregg, Associate Dean, CU Denver Business School
- Craig Harrison, managing Director, Pioneer Vetures
- Matt Jonsen, Associate, Dorsey
- James B. Kaufman, Executive Management, Mogul Advisors
- Jerry Kern, CEO, Colorado Symphony (Executive level)
- Dr. Lloyd S. Lewan, Board, Lewan and Associates. (Executive level)
- Stephanie Smeltzer McCoy, Columbine Capital Advisors, Managing Director
- Erik Mitisek, Vice President and Co-Founder, Next Great Place, Inc.
- Betsy Mordecai,, President and Founder, MorEvents
- Jonathan Musser, Credit Officer, CoBank
- Jung Park, Founder, Metroboom (Executive level)
- Joanne Posner-Mayer, Founder, Ball Dynamic International, Inc. (Executive level)
- Craig Ross, CEO, Verus Global (Executive level)
- Manuel Serapio, Director of MS in International Business Associate Professor of International Business
- Chester N. Winter, Co-Founder, New West Capital Partners (Executive level)
Our relationships with business leaders and successful entrepreneurs further expand opportunities for students to research, assess, present, and execute ideas whether for a new business or to revitalize mature organizations in response to a perceived opportunity.
Mentors are active members of the Jake Jabs Center planning and student involvement committees. They dedicate their time to enhancing the student's entrepreneurial experience through networking events, business plan competition efforts, and more.