RMI in London: Global Risk Management
This is a unique international course of intensive study for undergraduate and graduate business and risk management students, a distinctive immersion in the field of Global Risk Management and Insurance. The course is designed to study how risk is transferred globally. In the first week of class in Denver, there will be a series of class lectures, presentations and discussions. The class will then travel to London, which is the home to many of the world’s largest insurers and reinsurers. While in London for one week, students will visit and have presentations from insurance brokers, companies, Lloyds of London, and reinsurers.
RISK 6509/4509 Course objectives
The over-riding design of the course is to follow the insurance transaction from main street U.S.A. through the standard markets, surplus lines markets, and reinsurance markets.
- This class will incorporate dynamic guest speakers both locally and in London.
- Students will see first-hand how risk is transferred globally.
- Students will interact with insurance professionals who transact business throughout the world.
- Become aware of global insurance issues
- Develop confidence and ability to interact with high-level executives
- Comprehend and articulate the scope of global risk insurance
- Prepare to step into a risk manager’s role