General Business Certificate
The General Business Certificate program at CU Denver is designed to give you a focused business background and update your skill-set quickly. You’ll earn college credit for each course you successfully complete and a CU Denver certificate upon completion of three courses.
This certificate can be completed in six months. Courses
are eight weeks each. These courses are for credit and are
transferable should you decide to pursue an MBA or MS degree. Set up an appointment with an advisor at email@example.com for details.
Would you like to waive the GMAT?
The South Denver General Business Certificate may allow you to waive the GMAT if you decide to apply for a MBA at the CU Denver Business School. *
You will take
- Leading Individuals and Teams
- Analyzing and Interpreting Accounting Information
And you will choose one business graduate course. Available courses may include:
- Project Management
- Marketing Management
- Information Systems Management and Strategy
Additional courses may be taught in South Denver or online.
Please note that you must take two out of the three classes at the South Denver location in order to complete the certificate. Also, prior to the term that you will be completing your certificate, you will need to alert an academic advisor by sending them an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that you will be completing your certificate.
* Waiving the GMAT: To be considered for the GMAT waiver, the following conditions must be met:
- Satisfactorily complete two specific business courses, BUSN 6520: Leading Individuals and Teams and BUSN 6550: Analyzing and Interpreting Accounting Information and one elective course and earn a 3.50 cumulative gpa
- Complete BUSN 6550 with a B+ or better (may not retake course to reach grade requirement)
- Take two of the three required courses at the South Denver location