GEM Student Experience Webcast
Wednesday, November 9, 2016 from 12:00 - 1:00 MST.
The best way to learn about a graduate school program is to hear about the first-hand experiences of its students and alumni. Join the GEM community to learn about the student experience in the program and how the program has impacted their careers. We’re bringing together students and alumni from all energy sectors to address the most frequently asked questions from prospective students.
- Why did you select the GEM Program – why should I enroll?
- How has it advanced your career in the energy industry?
- How do you incorporate going back to school with work and personal obligations?
- How has learning about other energy sectors helped you in your current position?
- How has being a part of a “cohort” contributed to your overall experience in the program and/or once you graduated?
- I don’t live in Denver, how hard is it to attend the cohort weekends?
- What types of opportunities does the program offer outside of the classroom?
- Do the projects you complete in class relate back to your current positions? Have you applied what you are learning in class to your current positions?
GEM is an ALL energy graduate business and leadership degree program that attracts high-caliber energy professionals. GEM is designed to fit with career ambitions as well as busy personal lives.
We understand that graduate school is a big decision and we’re here to help. The webinar will be moderated by GEM Graduate Enrollment Advisor Nate Holt.
GEM’s next class starts in January 2017 and there is still time to apply. The January application deadline is December 15.
GEM offers numerous admissions events to connect prospective students to GEM alumni and current students throughout the year.
Aside from our events, we can easily connect interested prospective students with a member of the GEM community (student, alumni, faculty or staff) for a one-on-one meeting to answer any questions.
Join us at any admissions event or Speaker Series event to learn about the opportunities the program has to offer.
Upcoming 2017 Events
Interactive Student and Alumni Panel Webcast
Thursday, Feb 23 12:00 -1:00 pm MST
GEM Open House & Networking Event: Meet our Executives in Residence, Students and Alumni
Thursday, April 13 5:30 – 7:00 pm MT
Have questions about the options when it comes to GEM? Schedule a meeting or call with Nate Holt, GEM Advisor to learn more about the program!
Observe a GEM Course
We welcome prospective students to observe a GEM class to meet current students and faculty as well as gain first-hand experience of the quality education the program provides. GEM students travel to Denver once every three months (January, April, July and October) to begin a new quarter and participate in the in-person session of the quarter.
Prospective students can observe one course or all six. If you are interested in observing GEM courses, please contact Nate Holt at 303-315-8069 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Courses available in January 2017:
GEMM 6000 – 21st Century Global Energy Issues and Realities
GEMM 6300 – Technical Aspects of Energy Science
GEMM 6630 – Commercialization and Management/Leadership of Renewable Energies
GEMM 6100 – Global Energy Economics
GEMM 6400 – Leadership and Decision Making in the Global Energy Environment
GEMM 6210 – Energy Law: Property, Contracts and Transactions