GEM Prospective Student Weekend 2014 (In Denver)
Thursday, October 9
to Monday, October 13
The GEM Program is hosting its first "Prospective Student Weekend" from Thursday, October 8 to Monday, October 13 in Denver, Colorado. The weekend will provide prospective students with a variety of (in-person) events that will give an insider's view of the program.
The weekend, like the GEM Program, is designed for the working professional. Prospective students can "mix and match" which events they would like to attend. Most importantly, the weekend will allow individuals considering GEM to meet with current students, alumni and faculty. Below is the list of events and information on how to register.
For those who are not able to attend the in-person events, we will kick off the weekend by hosting an informational webinar on Wednesday, October 8 that focuses on GEM career services and resources for students.
Events to choose from:
For any questions about the GEM Program or our upcoming admissions events, please contact GEM Graduate Advisor, Michele Motley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
GEM Career Webinar (Online)
"Engineering a Better Future with GEM"
Wednesday, October 8
GEM is a highly-accredited program that helps busy working professionals achieve their career goals in the energy industry. Join us on Wednesday, October 8 at 12:00 pm MT to learn more about how an MS in GEM can provide you with the tools and knowledge you need to advance your career in the energy. Click here to RSVP
- GEM offers a real-world curriculum focused on the entire energy industry. All sectors are examined and courses are taught by faculty with extensive experience in the energy industry. This integration of academic theory with real-world application provides students with an immediate ROI - because what they learn in the classroom today, they can apply to their jobs tomorrow. Hear about the "The Best Ways to Leverage Your Degree in a Competitive Energy Industry" from GEM Executive Director, Jim Marchiori!
- It is often said that it's not just what you know, but it is who you know - GEM helps connect students and alumni to a global network of contacts in the energy industry. Learn about GEM's global network & hear from some of our alumni and students!
- GEM has partnered with Right Management, a global leader in talent and career management, to provide a robust set of career services and resources to students and alumni in support of their evolving endeavors. Speak to Right Management experts!
GEM Fall 2014 Open House & Career Opportunities Fair
Thursday, October 9
5:00 – 5:30 pm:
Tour of Business School
Business School Building
1475 Lawrence St.
Denver, CO 80202
Begins promptly at
5:00 pm in school's lobby.
5:30 – 7:30 pm:
Open House & Career
Four Seasons Hotel
1111 14th St.
Denver, CO 8202
Click here to RSVP for the Open House and Tour
Offered twice a year, the GEM Open House offers prospective students a first-hand look at why energy professionals from around the world choose to enroll in the program.
- Meet our faculty: 87% of GEM faculty have extensive experience working in the energy industry and are recruited from around the globe. By attending the open house you will have the opportunity to experience, first hand, the breadth of knowledge they bring to the classroom
- Learn more about the SCHOLARSHIP opportunities available: Available to new students, GEM is now awarding scholarship money to highly qualified applicants
- View the career services we provide: GEM has partnered with Right Management, a leading global firm in career services, to provide to our students and alumni a comprehensive set of career resources and services
- Connect with GEM students and alumni: One of the biggest benefits of the program, as a GEM student, you will be a part of an international network of energy professionals spanning Asia, Europe, South America, and the Middle East
- Network and explore new career opportunities: Energy company HR representatives, recruiters and professional organizations will be in attendance showcasing the opportunities the industry has to offer
- Enjoy great food, cocktails and conversation!
Observe a GEM Class (In Denver)
Friday, October 10
to Monday, October 13
We strongly encourage prospective students to observe a GEM class to meet current students and faculty as well as gain first-hand experience with the quality education the program provides. Courses can be observed at the start of every new quarter (January, April, July and October).
Contact Michele Motley (303-315-8066) to register.
To view the course descriptions, click here.
Available courses this October:
7:00 am – 11:45 am:
GEMM 6500 – Managerial Accounting in the Global Energy Markets; Lecturer Gary Hapken
GEMM 6600 – Introduction to Financial Management in the Global Energy Market; Lecturer Michael Orlando
GEMM 6210 – Energy Law: Property, Contracts and Transactions; Lecturers Steven Richardson & Lynn Hendrix
1:15pm – 6:00 pm:
GEMM 6200 – Environmental, Regulatory, Legal and Political Environment in the Energy Industry; Lecturer Terri Carver
GEMM 6410 – Strategic Human Capital in the Global Energy Environment; Lecturer Steven Seay
GEMM 6450 – Strategic Management for the Energy Industry; Lecturer Herb Rubenstein