If you are looking for a highly specialized degree in two different areas, you can complete a dual MS/MS degree. As the largest Business School in the region, we offer many different choices for a dual degree within the Business School and also an MS Finance/MA with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences in Economics.
- Complete a minimum of 51 semester hours
- Complete the specified coursework for both of your chosen MS degrees (accounting, decision sciences, finance, information systems, international business, management or marketing)
- Additional elective coursework may be required to meet minimum dual semester hour requirements
- We use free electives as cross over courses for both programs
- We also offer a dual degree with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at UC Denver with an MS Finance/MA in Economics
Admission standards are specific and varied for each degree. Therefore, applicants must meet specific admission standards for the degree for which they apply.
If students choose to pursue a dual degree after they have joined a graduate program, they must meet the admissions requirements of the degree they intend to add, irrespective of their performance in their current program.
MS Finance/MA Economics
The University of Colorado Denver Business School has teamed up with the University of Colorado Denver department of Economics to offer a dual MS in Finance and MA in Economics.
Check with your advisor in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and the department of economics for their course requirements.
- Microeconomic Theory ECON5073
- Macroeconomic Theory ECON5803
- Mathematical Economics ECON5803
- Econometrics ECON5813
- Econometrics II ECON5823
- Research Seminar ECON6073
- Financial Management BUSN6640
- Macroeconomics and Financial Markets FNCE6300
- Investment Management Analysis FNCE6330
- Futures and Options, FNCE6380 OR Survey of Financial Derivatives, FNCE6382
Contact a graduate Business School advisor for information on the dual degree requirements.