How does it work?
To earn an MBA from the Business School, you must complete 10 MBA core courses and 6 special topics courses. Because the 11-Month MBA is a cohort program, all 16 courses are predetermined. The "special topics" courses consist of the International Course, which is conducted abroad, and five special topics courses. Please see the catalog for course descriptions.
The 10 MBA core courses are:
- Leading Individuals and Teams, BUSN 6520
- Data Analysis for Managers, BUSN 6530
- Legal and Ethical Environment of Business, BUSN 6540
- Analyzing and Interpreting Accounting Information, BUSN 6550
- Marketing Management, BUSN 6560
- Information Systems Management and Strategy, BUSN 6610
- Applied Economics for Managers, BUSN 6620
- Management of Operations, BUSN 6630
- Financial Management, BUSN 6640
- Strategic Management, BUSN 6710
The International course counts as the required international elective in the Business School MBA. Each year the international course travels abroad; past courses have included trips to Scotland, France, Germany, and China.
Special Topics Courses
Special topics courses are chosen each year to accompany your core MBA requirements. These courses create a broad understanding of the most current business issues.
Recent special topics courses have been:
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Decisions and Polices
- Managing People in Global Markets
- Marketing Strategy
- Visionary Leadership
Expect a minimum of 18 hours of class time each week, and plan to spend an average of 30 hours each week on homework. You should expect a minimum time commitment of 48 hours per week to successfully complete this program.
Due to the program’s cohort structure, individual elective options are not available to 11-Month MBA students. No courses may be waived, substituted or transferred into the program. If you find it necessary to leave the accelerated program, credits already earned may be transferred to the Professional MBA Program on campus. The 11-Month MBA Program consists of five eight-week terms, three courses per term, plus the international business course abroad. All courses require that students work in teams.