Careers in Information Systems
In the world today you cannot effectively perform without a solid understanding of the role of Information Systems in business and national and global economy. This is the lifeblood of the modern enterprise, making up the single largest portion of capital spending among US corporations.
The Information Systems emphasis focuses on effective
use of Information Technology in business. You are equipped with logical
and analytical thinking in all areas of business and a strong basis for
continued career growth in a variety of growing professions. You will
develop the technical skills, business know-how, and administrative
insights required for acquisition, deployment, and management of IT
resources and services development, operation and evolution of IS
infrastructure for use in accounting, finance, marketing, management,
and other business processes.
Information Systems Emphasis
We emphasize both team and individual work, allowing you to gain critical thinking skills, knowledge, and experience to analyze, design, program, implement, and use information systems.
There are three parts to a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an Information Systems emphasis.
The courses for the Information Systems emphasis may include
- Designing for The Web
- Enterprise Data and Content Management
- Systems Strategy, Architecture, and Design
- Building Business Applications
- Business Data Communications and Networking
Information Systems offers a component degree in the following
- Accounting and Information Systems emphasis teaches the skills the regulatory environment requires to
document accounting and IT systems and
improve the management and disclosure of business processes for
better financial and regulatory controls.
- The Finance and Information Systems emphasis bridges finance and
information systems. The program incorporates knowledge of financial
management and markets, accounting and information systems, risk management and
- Human Resources Management and Information Systems
- Management and Information Systems focuses on the strategic,
technological, financial and organizational issues involved with the
effective management of information technology within an enterprise.
- Marketing and Information Systems
See a Business School Undergraduate Advisor for details.