Office: BUSN 6206
- Managing Individuals and Teams MGMT3000
- Human Resource Management: Training MGMT4430, MGMT6720
- Discrete emotion conveyed via facial expressions
- Biases in employee selection
- Ethical decision making
- Nonconscious information processing
- Training and development
- Personnel Psychology Best Reviewer Award, 2017
- Finalist for the Personnel Psychology Best Article Award, 2015
- Finalist for the Academy of Management Human Resource Division's Scholarly Achievement Award, 2014
- Researcher of the Year, University of Colorado Denver Business School, 2013
- Academy of Management Learning and Education Best Article Award, 2010
- Scientist Practitioner Award, University of Tulsa, 2005
- Consortium of Universities Research Fellowship, 2003-2005
- Student Scholars and Leaders Award: Granted to top 2% of academic class, Iowa State University, 1999
- Psi Chi: The National Honor Society in Psychology, inducted 1999
- Sitzmann, T. & Bell, B. S. (in press). The dynamic effects of subconscious goal pursuit on resource allocation, task performance, and goal abandonment. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.
- Sitzmann, T. & Weinhardt, J. M. (in press). Approaching evaluation from a multilevel perspective: A comprehensive analysis of the indicators of training effectiveness, Human Resource Management Review.
- Sitzmann, T. & Weinhardt, J. M. (in press). Training engagement theory: A multilevel perspective on the effectiveness of work-related training. Journal of Management.
- Sitzmann, T. & Wang, M. (2015). The survey effect: Does administering surveys affect trainees' behavior? Learning and Individual Differences, 37, 1-12.
- Johnson, S. & Sitzmann, T. (2014). Don't hate me because I'm beautiful: Acknowledging appearance mitigates the "beauty is beastly" effect. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 125, 184-192.
- Sitzmann, T. & Yeo, G. (2013). A meta-analytic investigation of the within-person self-efficacy domain: Is self-efficacy a product of past performance or a driver of future performance? Personnel Psychology, 66, 531-568.
- Sitzmann, T. (2012). A theoretical model and analysis of the role of self-regulation in the attrition process. Learning and Individual Differences, 22, 46-54.
- Sitzmann, T. & Johnson, S. K. (2012). The best laid plans: Examining the conditions under which a planning intervention improves learning and reduces attrition. Journal of Applied Psychology, 97(5), 967-981.
- Sitzmann, T. & Johnson, S. K. (2012). When is ignorance bliss? The effects of inaccurate self-assessments of knowledge on learning and attrition. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 117, 192–207.
- Sitzmann, T. (2011) A meta-analytic examination of the instructional effectiveness of computer-based simulation games. Personnel Psychology, 64, 489-528.
- Sitzmann, T., & Ely, K. (2011). A meta-analysis of self-regulated learning in work-related training and educational attainment: What we know and where we need to go. Psychological Bulletin, 137, 421-442.
- Brown, K. G., & Sitzmann, T. (2011). Training and employee development for improved performance. In S. Zedeck (Ed.), Handbook of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 2, 469-503. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Sitzmann, T., Ely, K., & Bell, B. S., & Bauer, K. N. (2010). The effects of technical difficulties on learning and attrition during online training. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied, 16, 281-292.
- Sitzmann, T., Ely, K., Brown, K. G., & Bauer, K. (2010). Self-assessment of knowledge: A cognitive learning or affective measure? Academy of Management Learning and Education, 9, 169-191.
- Brown, K. G., Sitzmann, T., & Bauer, K. N. (2010). Self-assessment one more time: With gratitude and an eye toward the future. Academy of Management Learning and Education, 9, 348-352
- Sitzmann, T., & Ely, K. (2010). Sometimes you need a reminder: The effects of prompting self-regulation on regulatory processes, learning, and attrition. Journal of Applied Psychology, 95, 132-144.
- Ely, K., Sitzmann, T., & Falkiewicz, C. (2009). The influence of goal orientation dimensions on time to train in a self-paced training environment. Learning and Individual Differences, 19, 146-150.
- Sitzmann, T., Bell, B. S., Kraiger, K., & Kanar, A. M. (2009). A multilevel analysis of the effect of prompting self-regulation in technology-delivered instruction. Personnel Psychology, 62, 697-734.
- Sitzmann, T., Brown, K. G., Ely, K., Kraiger, K., & Wisher, R. A. (2009). A cyclical model of motivational constructs in Web-based courses. Military Psychology, 21, 534-551.
- Sitzmann, T., & Ely, K. (2008). Do second generation models have more to offer? Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice, 1, 494-495.
- Sitzmann, T., Brown, K. G., Casper, W. J., Ely, K., & Zimmerman, R. (2008). A review and meta-analysis of the nomological network of trainee reactions. Journal of Applied Psychology, 93, 280-295.
- Towler, A. J., Kraiger, K., Sitzmann, T., Van Overberghe, C., Kuo, J., Ronen, E. & Stewart, D. (2008). The seductive details effect in technology-delivered instruction. Pragmatics and Cognition, 21, 65-86.
- Sitzmann, T., Kraiger, K., Stewart, D., & Wisher, R. (2006). The comparative effectiveness of Web-based and classroom instruction: A meta-analysis. Personnel Psychology, 59, 623-664.
- Journal of Applied Psychology, 2014-present
- Personnel Psychology, 2015-present
- Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 2014-2015
- PhD, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- MA, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- BS, Psychology with Statistics Minor, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
- Army Research Institute Early Career Contract: A comparison of theoretical approaches to improving self-regulatory processes in technology-delivered instruction ($250,000), 2009