- Managerial Accounting ACCT 2220
- Analyzing and Interpreting Accounting Information BUSN 6550
- Assistant Professor, University of Colorado Denver, 2007 - Present
- Assistant Professor, University of Vermont, 2006 - 2007
- Assistant Professor, Naval Postgraduate School, 2002 - 2006
- Visiting Academic, University of Melbourne, 2001
- Cost Analyst, Boehringer Mannheim Corporation, 1991-1997
- Financial Accountant, Blue Cross Blue Shield, 1989-1991
- PhD in Accounting, University of Colorado at Boulder, 2001
- MBA, Butler University, Indianapolis, IN, 1997
- BBA, Accounting Major, Saint Mary's College, South Bend, IN, 1989
- Johnston, Derek and Mary A. Malina. Managing Sexual Orientation Diversity: The Impact on Firm Value. Group & Organization Management. 33 (2008): 602-625.
- Malina, Mary A., Hanne Norreklit, and Frank H. Selto. Relations Among Measures, Result Control and Performance Measurement Models. Contemporary Accounting Research. 24 (2007): 935-982.
- Abernethy, Margaret, Malcolm Horne, Anne Lillis, Mary A. Malina, and Frank H. Selto. A Multi-method Approach to Building Causal Performance Maps from Expert Knowledge. Management Accounting Research 16 (2005): 135-155.
- Euske, K.J. and Mary A. Malina. The Pyramid of Organizational Development as a Performance Measurement Model. Advances in Management Accounting 14 (2005): 88-97.
- Malina, Mary A. and Frank H. Selto. Choice and Change of Measures in Performance Measurement Models. Management Accounting Research 15 (2004): 441-60.
- Malina, Mary A. and Frank H. Selto. Communicating and Controlling Strategy: An Empirical Study of the Effectiveness of the Balanced Scorecard. Journal of Management Accounting Research 13 (2001): 47-90.