- PhD, Urbana Champaign, International Business, University of Illinois
- MBA, University of Hawaii
- BA Economics, Ateneo de Manila University
- Introduction to International Business, INTB6000/MGMT4400
- Cross-Cultural Management, INTB6020
- International Entrepreneurship, ENTP6826
- International Business Policy, INTB6200
- Entry Strategies in International Markets, INTB6800
- International Marketing Management, MKTG6020
- Designing Effective Organizations, MGMT6360
Areas of Research
- Internationalization of Research and Development, Foreign Direct Investment, International Outsourcing, International Human Resource Management, International Alliances, Global Leadership Development
- East and Southeast Asia (Japan, Philippines)
- Associate Professor of International Business and Management, Business School, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center
- Program Director, Masters of Science in International Business, Business School,
- University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center
- Faculty Director, Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER), Institute for International Business, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center
Books and Book Chapters
- Globalization of Industrial R&D, U.S Department of Commerce (Technical Report) 1999 (with Dalton, Donald).
- International Outsourcing in IT: Trends, Developments and Implications for Colorado, Colorado Institute of Technology (Technical Report), 2004
- “Leadership and Innovation in Emerging Markets”, Research in International Business and International Relations. JAI Press, 1998 (with Terri Scandura)
- “International Outsourcing in IT”, Research-Technology Management, July-August 2005.
- “The Internationalization of Research and Development and the Emergence of Global R&D Networks, Research in International Business”, Elsevier Science, 2004 (with Takabumi Hayashi).
- “Globalization of R&D Enters New Stage as Firms Learn to Integrate Technology Operations on World Scale”. Research Technology Management. January-February 2000 (with D. Dalton, and P. Genther Yoshida).
- “Tamed Tigers of Asia”, Management International Review, 1999, (with Oded Shenkar).
- “Reflections on the Asian Crisis”, Management International Review, 1999 (with Oded Shenkar).
- “Globalization of Industrial R&D: An Examination of Foreign Direct Investment in R&D in the United States” Research Policy. 1999 (with D. Dalton).
- “End Games in International Alliances”. Academy of Management Executive. 1996 (with W. Cascio).
- Rutt Bridges Lecture, University of Colorado at Denver, Denver, April 2005.
- Stanford University, Conference: Globalization of Services, Palo Alto, June 2005.
- New York University, Conference on International Outsourcing, New York City, December 2004.
- International Outsourcing in Information Technology: Trends, Developments, and Implications for Colorado, Broomfield, Colorado, November 2004.
- Trends in International Outsourcing, Global Forum, Beaver Creek, Colorado, November 2004.
- Governor’s Technology Summit (Invited Speaker), Denver, Colorado, June 2004.
Sponsored Research and Grants
- Co-author and Faculty Director, Center for International Business Education and
Research (CIBER), funded in 1993, 1996, 1999, and 2002 (over $2.5 million).
- Colorado Institute of Technology, Research Grant to conduct study on International Outsourcing in Colorado, 2004.
- Japan-U.S. Friendship Commission, US Department of Commerce, Matsushita Foundation, APEC Secretariat, Nomura Securities, and others.
Achievements and Honors
- Keynote Speaker, Asian Education Advisory Council, 20th Annual AEAC Awards, May 1, 2005, Denver, Colorado.
- Invited Presentor, Governor’s Technology Summit, June 2004.
- Recipient of Colorado Institute of Technology Research Grant,2004.
- Recipient of the Outstanding Teacher Award 1991, College of Business Administration, University of Colorado at Denver.
- Recipient of the Storagetek Research Grant 1995, College of Business Administration, University of Colorado at Denver.
- Invited Participant, August 1997. Conference on the Globalization of R&D. Sponsored by CIRST, University of Quebec at Montreal.
Recipient of the Top Lecturer Award 1988, Department of Business Administration, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign.
- Over 18 years of experience consulting in the field of International Business, Global Leadership and Management, and executive education lecturing and development. Clients include multinational companies and organizations in Colorado, the United States and Asia.
- Academy of International Business
- Academy of Management
- Association of Japanese Business Studies
- Japan America Society of Colorado