- PhD Management, Information Systems and Accounting, Purdue University, 1982
- M.S. Computer Science, Purdue University, 1979
- B.S. Math-Computer, St. Joseph's College, 1974
- Object-Oriented Business Programming
- Emerging Technologies
- Fundamentals of ISMG Theory and Practice
- Distributed Object System Design
Areas of Expertise
- Information Systems Development
- Technology Assessment
- IT Management
Areas of Research
- Open Source Software
- Self-Service Technologies
- Professor of Business, University of Colorado at Denver, 2000 - present
- E-Business MBA Director, 1999-2000
- Area Coordinator, Information Systems, 1991-1994
- Associate Professor of Business, University of Colorado at Denver, 1990 - 2000
- Assistant Professor of Business, University of Colorado at Denver, 1984 - 1990
- Assistant Professor, University of British Columbia, 1982 to 1984
- "An Empirical Analysis of Open Source Software Developers' Motivations and Continuance Intentions,” Information & Management, Vol. 44, Issue 3, April 2007, pp. 253-262. (with C. Wu, C. Young)
“Self Sanction and Regulative Sanction against Copyright Infringement: A Comparison between US and China College Students,” Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, forthcoming. ( with F.Y. Kuo and C.S. Lin)
- "TICOM and the Analysis of Internal Controls," The Accounting Review, April 1985, (with A.D. Bailey, Jr., G.D. Duke, C. Ko, R. Meservy, and A.B. Whinston).
- "A Model for Testing the Reliability of Computer Programs and EDP Management: Internal Control Implications," Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, Spring 1988.
- "An Approach to Dialog Management for Presentation and Manipulation of Composite Models in Decision Support Systems," Decision Support Systems, Vol. 6, No. 3, Aug. 1990, (with F. Kuo).
- "The Formal Development of Hybrid User Computer Interfaces with Advanced Forms of User Assistance," Journal of Systems and Software, Nov. 1991.
- "Understanding Human-Computer Interaction for Information Systems Design," MIS Quarterly, Dec. 1991.
- "Understanding and Managing OOT Adoption, " IEEE Software, May/June 1998 (with A. Bhattacherjee).
- "A Hybrid Approach to OO Development: "The SUMMITrak Project at TCI," Journal of Systems and Software, 2001 (with A. Bhattacherjee).
- "Determining the Cost of IT Services", Communications of the ACM, 2002 (with B. Neumann, E. Moldauer, M. Argo, and D. Frisby).
- "Cost Management Using ABC for IT Activities and Services", Management Accounting Quarterly, 2004 (with B. Neumann, E. Moldauer, M. Finch, and C. Olson).
- “Perceived Risk and the Consumer Buying Process: Internet Airline Reservations", International Journal of Service Industry Management, 2005 (L. Cunningham, J. Gerlach, M. Harper, and C. Young).
Achievements and Honors:
- Dean’s Scholar, University of Colorado at Denver, 1994
- Outstanding Service Award, University of Colorado at Denver, 1994