- PhD Health Administration and Planning, Pennsylvania State University
- LLB Law, LaSalle Ext. University
- MBA Health Administration, George Washington University
- BA Business, Sociology Simpson College
Dr. Biggs' primary research and consulting activities include work with hospitals to improve the governance of those organizations. He teaches governance in both the graduate on-campus and executive programs in Health Administration at the University of Colorado. He is also a faculty member of Innovative Healthcare Speakers, the Center for Healthcare Governance, and Chairman of the Practical Governance Group, all of which offer educational programs for hospital governing boards.
Dr. Biggs is a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives. He is also a member of the National Association of Corporate Directors; BoardSource; the Association of University Programs in Health Administration and the Medical Group Management Association.
Dr. Biggs has been involved in both the investor-owned and nonprofit hospital industries, including twelve years as the CEO of large, teaching hospitals, and directed the first merger of an osteopathic (D.O.) hospital and an allopathic (M.D.) hospital in the United States Additionally, he has served on several nonprofit and investor-owned boards of directors. He conducts seminars and retreats for hospital boards of directors, and is the author of several articles on governance. Dr. Biggs is also the author of a new book, The Governance Factor: 33 Keys to Success in Healthcare and co-author of the popular book, Practical Governance, both published by Health Administration Press.
Dr. Biggs' primary consulting activities include work with hospitals to improve the governance of those organizations, and he conducts seminars and retreats for hospital boards of directors.
Honors and Activities
- Fellow: American College of Healthcare Executives
- Member: National Association of Corporate Directors, BoardSource, Association of University Programs in Health Administration, Medical Group Management Association
- Practical Governance, Health Administration Press, 2000 (co-author)
- The Governance Factor: 33 Keys to Success in Healthcare, Health Administration Press, 2003