Coming from a business background, I find it extremely important to impart practical skills to students, both at the graduate and undergraduate level. While it is fundamental that today’s students understand contemporary theory, to truly succeed in business they must also be able to apply the practical and relevant skills that will provide them a competitive advantage. These include critical thinking, effective communication, problem solving and team collaboration, among others. Consequently, I tailor my classes to challenge students to improve in these areas, with the end goal of becoming better employees, team members and business leaders.
I have high expectations and demand a lot of my students. However, my teaching style is laid back and interactive. I foster a relaxed classroom environment and promote active participation, regardless of the subject. I work very hard to make the learning process relevant, engaging and fun, and I always seek to make myself accessible to my students to help coach and mentor them, both academically and professionally.
I love being an instructor. Doing so gives me the opportunity to nurture devoted students, share valuable lessons I have learned, prepare talented individuals for the business world and continue my learning. To me, nothing is more rewarding.
- Leading Individuals and Teams - MGMT 3000 / BUSN 6520
- Leveraging Diversity and Inclusion in Business - MGMT 4100
- Strategic Management - BUSN 6710
- Principles of Entrepreneurship - ENTP 3000
- Instructor, University of Colorado Denver, 2009-present
- Lecturer, University of Colorado Denver, 2007-2009
- Adjunct Professor of Speech Communications, Metro State College of Denver, 2004-2006
- Director of Annual & Special Giving, Sturm College of Law, 2004-2009
- Marketing Communications Director/ Business Manager, Crosshatch Inc., 2003-2004
- Sales Operations Manager, KCNC-TV/Viacom, Inc., 1995-2002
- MBA, Entrepreneurship Emphasis, University of Colorado Denver, 2002
- BA, Broadcasting and Cable, Minors Business and Japanese Language, The Pennsylvania State University, 1991
- Dale Carnegie Leadership Training for Managers graduate, 1998
- Recipient - 2012-2013 CU Denver Business School Outstanding Instructor Award
- Guest Attendee - McGraw Hill/Irwin Publishing Organizational Behavior Focus Group - January, 2011
- Guest judge/panelist for CU Denver Graduate School of Business student marketing presentations: 2004-2008
Activities and Memberships
- Business Student Ambassador Committee / Faculty Advisor, 2010-present
- CU Denver Undergraduate Learning Outcomes Assessment Committee Member, 2011-present
- PHAMALY (Physically Handicapped Actors and Musical Artists League), Board of Directors, Member, 2010-2011
- Bard Center for Entrepreneurship Development Entrepreneurship Council, Committee Member, February 2004-August 2006
- Bard Center for Entrepreneurship Development Entrepreneurship Council, Member, August 2002-2007
- Penn State University Lion Link Student Mentor, August 2006-present
- Pennsylvania State University Alumni Association, Member, August 1991-present
- "Student Ambassador Programs: A Hidden Resource." University Business Magazine. July 2010. pp 26-27.