- Strategic Management (BUSN 6710) - Evening MBA Program
- Strategic Management (BUSN 6710) - 11-month MBA Program
- Sustainable Business Practices - Executive MBA Program
- Organization Theory
- Strategic Management
- Institutional Theory
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Ph.D., Management (2011), University of Texas at Austin
- M.S., Management (2007), University of Texas at Austin
- M.B.A., Management and International Business (2004), University of Miami (Florida)
- M.Sc., East Asian Business (1999), University of Sheffield (UK)
- B.A., American Studies: Politics and Government (1991), University of Kent at Canterbury (UK)
- Chandler, David, `Why Institutions Matter: Stakeholder Attention to Organizational Ethics Commitments,’ Best Empirical Paper on Social and Environmental Practices nominee, Academy of Management OMT Division, 2012.
- Chandler, David, ‘Organizations and Ethics: Field-level Versus Firm-level Sources of Adoption and Implementation,’ Louis R. Pondy Best Paper Based on a Dissertation nominee, Academy of Management OMT Division, 2011.
- Milton E. Schoeman Endowed Excellence Fund in Management, University of Texas at Austin, 2009—Awarded by the faculty to “one Ph.D. student in the Management department with outstanding achievements and progress in the program.”
- Homer Lindsey Bruce Continuing Fellowship, University of Texas at Austin, 2008-2009—A competitive named fellowship awarded to approximately 20 students university-wide each year.
- Chandler, David; Haunschild, Pamela; Rhee, Mooweon & Beckman, Christine, ‘The Effects of Firm Reputation and Status on Interorganizational Network Structure,’ Strategic Organization (Forthcoming).
- Chandler, David & Werther, William B., (3rd edition, Forthcoming), Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility: Stakeholders, Globalization, and Sustainable Value Creation, Sage Publications, Inc. (2nd edition, 2011; 1st edition, 2006).
- Chandler, David, ‘Why Institutions Matter: Stakeholder Attention to Organizational Ethics Commitments,’ Research in the Sociology of Organizations (Conditional accept).
- Chandler, David & Hendron, Michael, (2012), `Strategic CSR Online Simulation’
- Chandler, David, (2010), `Why Aren't We Stressing Stakeholder Responsibility?’ Harvard Business Review, HBR blog.
- Haunschild, Pamela & Chandler, David, (2008), ‘Institutional-Level Learning: Learning as a Source of Institutional Change,’ in The Sage Handbook of Organizational Institutionalism, (Eds.) Greenwood, R., Oliver, C., Sahlin-Andersson, K. & Suddaby, R., Sage Publications, Inc.
- Chandler, David & Rindova, Violina, (2008), ‘Would You Like Fries With That? Producing and Consuming Social Measures of Firm Value.’ In George T. Solomon (Ed.), Proceedings of the Sixty-Sixth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (CD), ISSN 1543-8643.
- Werther, William B. & Chandler, David, (2005), ‘Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility as Global Brand Insurance,’ Business Horizons, Vol. 48, Issue 4, 317-324. Among Business Horizons' Top 25 downloaded articles