- Strategic Management (BUSN 6710) – Evening MBA Program
- Strategic Management (BUSN 6710-533) – 11-month MBA Program
- Sustainable Value Creation (XBUS 6710) – Executive MBA Program
- Organization Theory
- Strategic Management
- Institutional Theory
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Business Ethics
- Ph.D., Management (2011), University of Texas at Austin
- M.S., Management (2007), University of Texas at Austin
- M.B.A., Management and International Business (2004), University of Miami (Florida)
- M.Sc., East Asian Business (1999), University of Sheffield (UK)
- B.A., American Studies: Politics and Government (1991), University of Kent at Canterbury (UK)
- Haunschild, Pamela; Polidoro, Francisco & Chandler, David, (Forthcoming), 'Organizational Oscillation between Learning and Forgetting: The Dual Role of Serious Errors,' Organization Science.
- Chandler, David & Hwang, Hokyu, (2015), 'Learning from Learning Theory: A Model of Organizational Adoption Strategies at the Microfoundations of Institutional Theory,' Journal of Management, Vol. 41, No.5, 1446-1476.
- Chandler, David, (2015), 'Why Institutions Matter: Stakeholder Attention to Organizational Ethics Commitments,' in Kraatz, Matthew (editor), 'Institutions and Ideals: Philip Selznick's Lasting Legacy for Organizational Scholarship,' Research in the Sociology of Organizations, Emerald Group Publishing Ltd., Vol. 44, 199-233.
- Chandler, David, (2014), 'Organizational Susceptibility to Institutional Complexity: Critical Events Driving the Adoption and Implementation of the Ethics & Compliance Officer Position,' Organization Science, Vol. 25, Issue 6, 1722-1743.
- Chandler, David, (2014), 'Morals, Markets, and Values-based Businesses,' Academy of Management Review, Vol.39, Issue 3, 396-406.
- Chandler, David; Haunschild, Pamela; Rhee, Mooweon & Beckman, Christine, (2013), 'The Effects of Firm Reputation and Status on Interorganizational Network Structure,' Strategic Organization, Vol.11, Issue 3, 217-244.
- Haunschild, Pamela & Chandler, David, (2008), 'Institutional-Level Learning: Learning as a Source of Institutional Change,' in The Sage Handbook of Organizational Institutionalism, (Eds.) Greenwood, R., Oliver, C., Sahlin-Andersson, K. & Suddaby, R., Sage Publications, Inc.
- Chandler, David & Rindova, Violina, (2008), 'Would You Like Fries With That? Producing and Consuming Social Measures of Firm Value,' in George T. Solomon (Ed.), Proceedings of the Sixty-Sixth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (CD), ISSN 1543-8643.
- Werther, William B. & Chandler, David, (2005), 'Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility as Global Brand Insurance,' Business Horizons, Vol. 48, Issue 4, 317-324.
Books and other publications
- Chandler, David, (2014), Corporate Social Responsibility: A Strategic Perspective, part of the United Nations Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) Book Collection, Business Expert Press.
- Chandler, David & Werther, William B., (3rd edition, 2014), Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility: Stakeholders, Globalization, and Sustainable Value Creation, Sage Publications, Inc. (2nd edition, 2011; 1st edition, 2006):
- Chandler, David & Hendron, Michael, (2012), 'Strategic CSR Online Simulation'
- Chandler, David, (2010), 'Why Aren't We Stressing Stakeholder Responsibility?' Harvard Business Review blog.
- Voted 'Professor of the Year' by the 11-month MBA Program graduating class of 2013.
- Chandler, David, 'Einstein's Four Dimensions: Diachronically and Synchronically Situated Institutions,' That's Interesting Award nominee, EGOS Colloquium, 2013.
- OMT Best Reviewer (Academy of Management, 2013) – Awarded to 25 of 1,100 reviewers.
- Chandler, David, 'Why Institutions Matter: Stakeholder Attention to Organizational Ethics Commitments,' Best Empirical Paper on Social and Environmental Practices nominee, Academy of Management OMT Division, 2012.
- Chandler, David, 'Organizations and Ethics: Field-level Versus Firm-level Sources of Adoption and Implementation,' Louis R. Pondy Best Paper Based on a Dissertation nominee, Academy of Management OMT Division, 2011.