Carol Dee | Associate Professor of Accounting
- Graduate and undergraduate Auditing
- Financial Accounting
- Accounting Theory
- Associate Professor, The Business School, University of Colorado Denver, 2006 present
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) Academic Fellow, 2014-2015
- Assistant Professor, Department of Accounting, Florida State University, 1999-2006
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Nevada-Las Vegas, 2004-2005 academic year
Education and Certification
- PhD in Accounting, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, 1999
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting with Honors, University of Florida, Gainesville, 1983
- Certified Public Accountant, Florida, License is active, 1984-present
- Who Did the Audit? Audit Quality and Disclosure of Other Audit Participants in PCAOB Filings. 2015. With Ayalew Lulseged and Tianming Zhang. The Accounting Review, forthcoming.
- Grand Teton Candy Company: Connecting the Dots in a Fraud Investigation. 2014. With Cindy Durtschi and Mary Mindak. Issues in Accounting Education 29 (3): 443–458.
- Should PCAOB Disciplinary Proceedings Be Made Public? Evidence from Sanctions against a Big 4 Auditor. 2012. With Ayalew Lulseged and Tianming Zhang. Current Issues in Auditing 6 (2): P18–P24.
- Client Stock Market Reaction to PCAOB Sanctions against a Big Four Auditor. 2011. With Ayalew Lulseged and Tianming Zhang. Contemporary Accounting Research 28 (1): 263–291.
- No News is Bad News: Market Reaction to Reasons Given for Late Filing of Form 10-K. 2010. With William Hillison and Carl Pacini. Research in Accounting Regulation 22: 121-127.
- Return of the TallahasseeBeancounters: A Case in Forensic Accounting. 2010. With Cindy Durtschi. Issues in Accounting Education 25 (2): 279-321.
- Environmental Costs and Obligations for Oil and Gas Firms: A Five-Year Perspective. With Mimi Alciatore. 2010. Oil, Gas, and Energy Quarterly 58 (4): 609-614.
- A Tale of Two Cities. With Mimi Alciatore. Oil, Gas, and Energy Quarterly 58(3): 439-449.
- An International Comparison of Equity Valuation Models: Hong Kong, Singapore, and Japan. With Meihua Koo. 2009. International Review of Accounting, Banking and Finance 1 (July): 48-60.
- Asset Retirement Obligations for Oil and Gas Companies: Issues and Evidence. With Mimi Alciatore and Peter Easton. 2008. Oil, Gas, and Energy Quarterly LVII: 327-334.
- Prominent Audit Clients and the Relation Between Discretionary Accruals and Non-Audit Service Fees. With Ayalew Lulseged and Tanya Nowlin. 2006. Advances in Accounting 22: 129-155.
- The Current Status of Environmental Reporting: An Analysis of Petroleum Firms' Disclosures. With Mimi Alciatore. 2006. Advances in Environmental Accounting and Management 3: 49-75.
- Executive Compensation and Risk: The Case of Internet Firms. With Ayalew Lulseged and Tanya Nowlin. 2005. Journal of Corporate Finance 12: 80-96.
- Changes in Environmental Regulation and Reporting From 1989 to 1998: The Case of the Petroleum Industry. With Mimi Alciatore and Peter Easton. 2004. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy 23: 295-304.
- The Relation between Disaggregated Restructuring Charges and Stock Returns: The Effects of Financial Distress. With Darlene Anderson. 2004. Journal of Applied Business Research 20: 1-18.
- Asset Write-Downs: A Decade of Research." With Mimi Alciatore, Peter Easton, and Nasser Spear. 1998. Journal of Accounting Literature 17: 1-39.
Publication (Editor Reviewed)
- "More Bang for the Audit Buck." With William Hillison. 2006. Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance 17 (May/June): 17-23.