Alumni Student Mentoring Program
The Mentoring Program
The Business School Mentoring Program facilitates meaningful and mutually beneficial mentoring relationships between alumni and students. Through one-to-one relationships, mentors guide students through the transition from the classroom to a professional career. This is a significant way to become involved and to give back to the Business School community.
The Alumni Mentor
Alumni Mentors experience the satisfaction of guiding the next generation of business leaders by being a valuable resource. Through one-to-one connections, mentors are making an impact in students' career paths, providing inspiration and facilitation, and helping direct a student’s personal achievements.
- Provide career direction and insight
- Share knowledge and experience
- Be a positive role model
- Act as a professional resource and facilitate networking
- Meet with their mentee at least once for one hour during the program period
- Commit to being accessible and engaged for the duration of the program period
- Attend a Kick-off Event and Closing Celebration that gathers students and alumni together
Alumni who hold positions of manager or above and have at least five years of professional experience.
Volunteer to be an Alumni Mentor
Students can build their network, expand their horizons and find new opportunities through the Mentoring Program. Mentors add to classroom knowledge by providing insights and connections that help students advance their career goals.
- As part of professional development, commit to working with the Business Career Connection office to review and update professional resources, including resume building and soft skill preparations
- Commit to fulfilling program responsibilities including contacting and meeting with your mentor once during the program period, and attending the Kick-off and Closing Celebration events
- Enthusiasm for the opportunity to develop networking and communication skills
A student in their Junior year or above, in good academic standing (2.0 Cumulative GPA or higher).
Apply to be a Mentee