Wendy Guild serves as the Director of Sports and Entertainment Management.
Dr. Guild launched the Sports and Entertainment Management graduate offerings in 2007 following more than ten years of research and teaching about the sports and entertainment industries. To steer the program, she has composed an Advisory Council of 24 leading executives in Sports and Entertainment Management. With the help of the student club she advises, over 12 invited speaker presentations and site visits have been made with sports and Entertainment organizations over the past two years. Wendy just returned from leading a new study abroad course in London to great success – with students touring and talking with executives from Arsenal Football Club, O2, Wimbledon, Twickenham/Rugby Football Union, England and Wales Cricket Board, Renault’s F1 Team, Molson Coors, London 2012 Olympic Organizing Committee, BBC, British Film Institute, Delfont MacIntosh Theatres, and Liverpool Sound City.
Her research has focused on the management of ski resorts and Australian film industry. She is currently writing teaching cases based on some of her experiences in London. Wendy has presented at numerous academic conferences and the National Ski Area Association conference and has consulted for Vail Resorts.
- Director of Sports and Entertainment Management and Lecturer, 2007-Present
- Director of Business Development, Management Instructor, University of Colorado Denver, 2004 - 2007
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Colorado Denver, 2002 – 2004
- Graduate Program Director, Global Marketing Communication and Advertising Program, Emerson College, 2001 – 2002
- Assistant Professor of Management Communication, Emerson College, 1999 – 2002
- Instructor, Organization Studies Group, MIT, 1998 – 1999
- Instructor & Course Coordinator, Undergraduate Writing Initiative, MIT, 1997 – 1998
- Teaching Assistant, Organization Studies Group, MIT, 1994 – 1999
- Research Assistant, Center for Coordination Science, MIT, 1992 – 1994
- Doctoral Candidate, Organization Studies Group, MIT, 1992 – 1999
- Project Manager, JM Perry Corporation, a management consulting firm, 1990 – 1992
- Ph.D. Organization Studies, MIT, Sloan School of Management
- B.A. Psychology, University of California at Santa Barbara