Ed D, Organizational Leadership, Argosy University
MBA, Pharmaceutical Marketing, Fairleigh Dickinson University
BA, Biology and Business Administration, Winona State University of Minnesota
Marketing Management BUSN6560
Applied Marketing Management MKTG3050
Principles of Marketing MKTG3000
Areas of Expertise:
A versatile, articulate professional with a successful background in total P&L responsibility in the global pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Outstanding results in turn-around situations through expertise in strategic marketing and sales management, new business development, and team building. Excellent negotiation and agreement crafting for licensing and strategic partnerships. Key functional abilities include developing strategic marketing and sales plans, establishing vision and direction, increasing revenues, procuring capital funding and building teams that consistently reach corporate goals.
Extensive biotechnology/pharmaceutical and healthcare marketing management experience with a proven track record of increased sales revenue and profits within the following:
- Marketing and Sales Management
- Global Product Launches
- Acquisition and Licensing
- Drug Delivery Systems
- Product/Brand Management
- Biotechnology Manufacturing
- Market Research
- New Business Development
After more than 30 years of industry experience and six years of being an honorarium faculty member at UCD, I have come to realize that coaching, mentoring, and teaching are much more than “what I do.” They are “who I am.” I try to be as accessible to my students as possible. I encourage students to approach me and discuss their education goals and career aspirations with me, as well as their involvement with the material in the courses I teach.
- Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Cancer Diagnostic products
- General Manager, Director of Sales and Marketing, Oligo Nucleotides and Reagents
- Director, Business Development, Nucleic Acid Extraction Methods
- Director, Licensing & Acquisitions
- Director, Worldwide Cardiovascular Group
- Director, International CNS Business Development Group
- Director, New Business Development medical management software
- Director, US Marketing and Sales Pharmaceutical Internet Informatics
- Director, International Marketing and Sales, drug interaction data bases
- Co-Founder and CEO, The institute for Biomedical Information
- Co-Founder and CEO, NuMedtec Medical Products
- Founder and CEO, GREKEL Recreation Products
- Director, Small Business Development Center
Academic and Professional Activities
- Honorarium Professor, University of Colorado Denver Business School
- Colorado Biotechnology Association Member
- Strategic Marketing and Planning Consultant, HomeAid America Corporation – a voluntary position for a non-profit organization that builds shelters for the temporary homeless
- "Andragogy - The Missing Gap in Osteoporosis Patient Education". Abstract was accepted for publication in the March, 2010 issue of the International Journal of Clinical Densitometry. The abstract was a poster presentation at Clinical Osteoporosis 2010, a joint international meeting of the International Society for Clinical Densitometry and the National Osteoporosis Foundation, March 12, 2010, in San Antonio.
- "Unstoppable Attitude - Facing the Challenge of Cancer" by PeterMax Miller (2008) is used as the basis of several presentations on motivation
"Unstoppable Attitude" Presentations in 2010 include:
- March 29, 2010- Trident Navy ROTC at UC Boulder, "Unstoppable Attitude"
- April 14, 2010 - Pearson CITe Online Learning Conference, Denver, Distinguished Lecturer - "Motivation in Learning"
- May 15, 2010 - UCD Business School Graduation "Graduation is our New Product Launch"
- May 20, 2010- Collegiate Career Services Association of Colorado and Wyoming at Vail - "Unstoppable Attitude for Student's Job Search", also led a workshop on "Marketing Your Campus Career Center"
- August 13, 2010- Phi Chi Theta National Educational Foundation presentation on "The Unstoppable Phi Chi Theta Experience at UCD"
- June 30, Peter was nominated and voted on to be a trustee of the Phi Chi Theta National Education Foundation
- August 30, 2010- UCD 11-month MBA cohort, Bard Center Principles of Unstoppable Attitude