Global Health Link
Global Health Link Archive
||October 2014 (PDF) - requires Acrobat Reader |
- Haiti's Reconstruction and the Future of Maternal Health.
- Expanding the Impact of Pediatric Plastic Surgery Missions in Guatemala from One to Many.
- 2014 Global Health Symposium.
||August 2014 (PDF) - requires Acrobat Reader |
- mHealth in the Global Arena: Progress and Promise.
- CHCO Joins Over Half of the Nation's Hospitals in Providing TeleHealth Services.
- Bringing Family Medicine, Pediatrics and Public Health to the Forefront of Global Health.
||June 2014 (PDF) - requires Acrobat Reader |
- Strengthening Links in the African Chain of Survival.
- Mission Brings Surgeries to Some of Guatemala's Neediest Children.
- An Evening Around the World with CU Students.
||August 2012 (PDF) - requires Acrobat Reader |
- Center for Global Health designated as WHO Collaborating Center for Promoting Family and Child Health.
- Shared Goals: Increasing Rates of Survival for Mothers and Babies.
- A Child's Well Being: When a Disaster Hits.
||June 2012 (PDF) - requires Acrobat Reader |
- Construyendo Motivación Para un Cambio Building Motivation to Change.
- Quality of Life at the Community Level: An idea to design and develop skills.
- Center Designated a WHO Collaborating Center.
| March 2012(PDF) - requires Acrobat Reader |
- Innovating Strategies for Health and Development in Guatemala: An Inclusive Approach.
- Global Health in Action: Students in the Field - Surveying in Guatemala.
- Global Health Lecture Series - Spring 2012 Schedule.
|November 2011(PDF) - requires Acrobat Reader |
- Bringing Vaccine Expertise to the Center for Global Health: Biological and Social Considerations.
- Become a Key Collaborator in Global Health.
- Global Health Lecture Series - Fall 2011 Schedule.
|September 2011 (PDF)- requires Acrobat Reader |
- More Than Nutrition: Global Network for Women's and Children's Health.
- Prone to Crawl: Infant Carrying & Locomotor Development in Papua New Guinea.
- Tropical Medicine Course October 24 - November 4, 2011.
| May 2011 (PDF)- requires Acrobat Reader |
- Maternal and Child Health Initiative - >The First Minute of Life.
- Social Considerations for HIV/AIDS Research in Malawi: Dr. Sara Yeatman Shares Her Work.
- Student Scholarship Recipients 2011.
| March 2011 (PDF) - requires Acrobat Reader |
- New Center for Global Health Director Takes Helm in 2011.
- Center for Global Health Website Exhibits Projects in New-Interactive Map Format.
- Empowering Young Women Through Education in the Villages of Guatemala.
| October 2010 (PDF) - requires Acrobat Reader|
- UK Researcher to Discuss Health Care of HIV Positive Sub-Saharan Migrants at Symposium. Fiona Burns, MD, Senior Lecturer at the Centre for Sexual Health & HIV Research at the University College London.
- 3rd Annual Global Health Symposium: HIV/AIDS at Home and Abroad Schedule.
- Denver Native Returns to Speak at 3rd Annual Global Health Symposium. David Kim, MD, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
|August 2010 (PDF) - requires Acrobat Reader|
- Fostering a New Health Profession in Rural South Africa. School of Medicine's Physician Assistant Program Partners with Walter Sisulu University.
- Expanding Medical Education in Rwanda, East Africa. Jean Bosco Gahutu, MD, visits the University of Colorado to learn about training family physicians.
- Looking to the Future: Global Health Students Expanding International Projects. Student news about University of Colorado School of Medicine Global Health Track students' Kalen Abbott and Casey Weimer.
| June 2010 (PDF) - requires Acrobat Reader|
- The Need to Test - When a Foreign Risk Becomes Domestic. UC Denver faculty, Jose Castillo-Mancilla, MD and Monica Carten, MD.
- Global Health at Home and Abroad. Local clinic exposes students to at-risk populations in Colorado.
- Where There's Fire, There's (Less) Smoke in Peruvian Homes. Student News Feature on graduating University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine Global Health Track student Douglas Melzer.
| April 2010 (PDF) - requires Acrobat Reader|
- Developing and Maintaining Physician Competence in Jordan: UC Denver faculty member, Cal Wilson, MD, hands-on work is featured.
- International Partnerships. Why are They Important?
- Impacting Vulnerable Populations Around the World. Spotlight students Aaron Shupp and Lindsay Kranker tell us about their summer projects.
| February 2010 (PDF) - requires Acrobat Reader|
- Restoring Haiti's Health System: UC Denver faculty, Blair Gifford, PhD and Renee King, MD continue projects remotely.
- When the Worst Could Happen. International Education and Risk Management.
- A Different Point of View: Adam Whitney. How a trip to Haiti changed a student career direction.
| December 2009 (PDF) - requires Acrobat Reader|
- Teaching While Being Taught. Rwanda Volunteers are Transformed through Summer Experiences.
- A Simple Invention, A Lifesaving Solution. "Invention Time" spurs Boulder girl to design low-cost, disposable syringe.
- Future Leader in Global Health: Matthew Lerou.
| October 2009(PDF) - requires Acrobat Reader|
- UC Denver Professors Expand Tanzanian Field School, Uncover Malaria Prevalence in Community.
- Student Exchange Program Grooms Aspiring Doctor.
- Global Health Track Product of Students Passion.
| June 2009 (PDF) - requires Acrobat Reader|
- Shaping Primary Care in Albania - Dr. Bardella Mentors Albanian Doctor.
- Global Health Track Graduates First Two Students.
- 2nd Annual Global Health Symposium: Continuing the Global Conversation.