Environmental Assessment QuickTrain
This training is designed for public health professionals as an introduction or refresher on conducting environmental assessments during an outbreak investigation.
Click the icons below to go to individual modules:
Introduction to Outbreak Investigations
- Understand the importance of foodborne disease outbreak investigations.
- Describe the steps in a foodborne disease outbreak investigation.
- Explain the rules and skills of the investigation team.
Overview of Environmental Assessments
- Explain the differences between an environmental assessment and other types of routine inspections.
- Describe the types of activities involved in an environmental assessment conducted at a food service facility.
- Describe the types of contributing factors in foodborne disease outbreaks.
- Identify contributing factors associated with three common foodborne pathogens.
- Describe types of environmental antecedents.
Clinical and Environmental Specimens
- Describe non-laboratory and laboratory techniques for identifying causative agents.
- List important considerations in the collection and submission of clinical and environmental specimens.
We'll be posting more training for public health professionals.