Submission deadline: August 1, 2017, decisions by August 4, 2017.
The theme of the NCRE 2017 conference is "Children's Development in American Indian and Alaska Native Cultural and Linguistic Contexts: Perspectives from Research and Practice”
Presentations do NOT have to fit this theme. Presentations of any work addressing children’s development within American Indian and Alaska Native community contexts are welcome.
Material presented elsewhere is welcome at NCRE to foster broader dissemination.
Works in progress are also welcome at NCRE to foster dissemination of emerging work and to encourage collaboration in the design, implementation, and interpretation of works-in-progress.
Paper presentations are 75 minutes in length. Each presenter will have 45 minutes for an oral presentation of his/her work, followed by 30 minutes engaged discussion with the audience (75 minutes total).
Posters are an ideal format for material that can be explained briefly and is suited for graphic or visual presentation. Poster presentations also provide opportunities for higher levels of interaction and discussion. Accepted posters will be grouped thematically into poster symposia sessions of 3-4 posters; each symposium will last 75 minutes, with the first 45 minutes allowing time for the audience to visit each poster and interact with authors and the last 30 minutes dedicated to a group discussion of all the posters in the session.
Review Process and Criteria for All Submission Formats
- Each submission will be reviewed by at least two members of the NCRE steering committee.
- Submissions will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Clarity of formulation/conceptualization
- Adequacy of methods
- Appropriateness of interpretations
- Importance of topic
- Prepare an abstract (limited to 300 words) that briefly provides background for the study/work, states goals/hypotheses, describes the participants and methodology, and highlights key findings.
- Complete the online submission form and paste the abstract in the space provided on the form.
- Submit online by August 1, 2017.
You will be notified via email of the review decision by August 4, 2017.
Abstracts for accepted presentations will be published in the conference program and posted on the NCRE website.