Submission deadline: Extended to August 26, 2016, decisions
by August 31.
The theme of the NCRE 2016 conference is
" Promoting Staff Wellness
and Quality Implementation through Effective Supports.”
do NOT have to fit this theme. Presentations of
any work addressing children’s development within American Indian and Alaska
Native community contexts are welcome.
presented elsewhere is welcome at NCRE to foster
in progress are also welcome at NCRE to foster
dissemination of emerging work and to encourage collaboration in the design,
implementation, and interpretation of works-in-progress.
Paper presentations are 75 minutes in
length. Each presenter will have 45
minutes for an oral presentation of his/her work, followed by 30 minutes engaged
discussion with the audience (75 minutes total).
Posters are an ideal format for material
that can be explained briefly and is suited for graphic or visual presentation.
Poster presentations also provide opportunities for higher levels of
interaction and discussion. Accepted posters will be grouped thematically into
poster symposia sessions of 3-4 posters; each symposium will last 1 hour, with
the first 30 minutes allowing time for the audience to visit each poster and
interact with authors and the last 30 minutes dedicated to a group discussion of
all the posters in the session.
Process and Criteria for All Submission Formats
- Each submission will be reviewed by at least two members of the NCRE steering committee.
will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Clarity of formulation/conceptualization
- Adequacy of methods
- Appropriateness of interpretations
- Importance of topic
- Prepare an abstract (limited to 300 words) that briefly provides background for the study/work, states goals/hypotheses, describes the participants and methodology, and highlights key findings.
- Complete the online submission form and paste the abstract in the space provided on the form.
- Submit online by
August 8th, 2016.
You will be notified via email of the
review decision by August 31, 2016.
accepted presentations will be published in the conference program and posted
on the NCRE website.