A typical job search in today's economic climate can take up to 6-9 months, from the moment you start your job search until you begin your new job. To be successful, you'll want to start thinking about your career and job search as soon as you start your program.
Through our resources, Career & Employer Services at the Colorado School of Public Health can empower you to prepare and pursue your career in public health.
ColoradoSPH Connect is the centralized hub for all practicum, internship, and volunteer postings. By using this system, you'll have access to employer contact information and receive updates regarding new job positions. Throughout the year, the Career Services Office will host in-person workshops and online webinars on a
variety of career topics. For a full list of upcoming workshops, go to
the events calendar in ColoradoSPH Connect. Need quick answers on how to update your resume or prepare for an interview? Check out the Career Tip Sheets and Videos.
Career Advising Sessions
Our Career & Employer Services team is available to meet
with you to address your individual career needs in-person, over the
phone, or via Zoom web conferencing. Career advising sessions range from
30 minutes to 1 hour and can cover of the topics listed above.
To schedule a Career Advising Session, please email one of our
team members in Career & Employer Services (contact information on
the left). Please attach a copy of your resume and include your
date/time availability, your home campus, and topic(s) you'd like to
Career Services Professional Development Stipend
Career Services offers this professional development funding opportunity
to all currently enrolled students in good academic standing.
Applications will be reviewed and awarded on a competitive basis.
maximum of $500 per student per academic year is available. Funds will
be provided as a reimbursement, after students attend a professional
development event and provide receipts and proof of attendance.
are three application cycles/deadlines per year. Students should submit
an application by the deadline that coincides with the date of their
professional development event.
Any currently enrolled ColoradoSPH student who is in good academic standing may apply for this stipend (UNC, CSU, and CU Anschutz home campus students). Applicants must be enrolled at ColoradoSPH when attending the professional development opportunity in order to qualify.
Allowed and Prohibited ExpensesAllowed expenses:
• Conference registration, trainings, workshops, lodging (If the event is more than 50 miles from your home campus), airfareProhibited expenses:
• Research incentives and supplies, practicum/capstone expenses, fees involved in the publication of research or printing of posters, books, school supplies, food/alcohol, mileage, parking, ground transportation, rental cars, tuition costs, software, computers, spouse/child/friend expensesApplication Process
1. Complete the Colorado School of Public Health Career Services Professional Development Scholarship Application
in its entirety.
2. Email application, and any additional required documents, as an attachment to Coloradosph.firstname.lastname@example.org
by the posted cycle deadline.
Applications will be reviewed by Career Services and Office of Admissions and Student Affairs staff. Please see important dates below for application deadlines.
If you are awarded, you will receive an award letter from Career Services with detailed instructions.
SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS!
Awardees are expected to submit the post event form and all receipts within 2 weeks following the completion of their event. Funds will not be reimbursed without receipts and required documentation.
Applications received after the deadlines posted below will not be considered for funding.
For professional development opportunities occurring between September 1- December 31, 2019.
• Application opens: Friday, September 13, 2019
• Application deadline: Tuesday, October 1, 5pm
• Funding decision by: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
For professional development opportunities occurring between January 1-May 31, 2020.
• Application opens: Friday, February 14, 2020
• Application deadline: Sunday, March 1, 2020, 5pm
• Funding decision by: Sunday, March 15, 2020
For professional development opportunities occurring between June 1-August 31, 2020.
• Application opens: Friday, May 15, 2020
• Application deadline: Monday, June 1, 2020, 5pm
• Funding decisions by: Monday, June 15, 2020
Colorado School of Public Health Career Services Professional Development Scholarship Application
ColoradoSPH Career Services Professional Development Stipend Post-Event Form
Employer & Alumni Network
Looking to connect with recruiters and hiring managers who
specifically recruit at the Colorado School of Public Health? Want to
see if a ColoradoSPH alumnus works for your targeted employer? In
addition to the LinkedIn group, you can use ColoradoSPH Connect to access employer and Alumni contact information.