Preferred Deadline: January 15
Final Deadline: May 1
For scholarship consideration and optional summer enrollment, applicants must apply by the preferred deadline. Applicants applying after the preferred deadline are only eligible for fall semester enrollment. Applicants applying after the preferred deadline will be considered on a space available basis. Space will vary and is determined by each concentration.
The 2015-2016 SOPHAS application is now open.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA in undergraduate coursework and any subsequent academic coursework. If the GPA is below a 3.0, applicant should include an explanation of why it fell below a 3.0 and how the applicant plans to address any prior academic deficiencies as a graduate student. Students admitted to the MPH program with an undergraduate GPA below a 3.0 will be admitted on a provisional basis.
- Official GRE scores - GRE Code: 7844 - While we do not currently have a minimum score requirement, the average scores of the accepted applicants for the Fall 2014 semester were: 153.5 Quantitative and 155.8 Verbal. The MCAT may be substituted for the GRE, however SOPHAS only accepts official GRE or MCAT scores so any test scores from other exams will need to be sent directly to the Colorado School of Public Health. If the applicant holds a graduate level degree from an accredited U.S. institution, the GRE may be waived.
- An essay that addresses career goals and purpose for study, approximately two pages, single spaced in length. The essay should describe past experience as it relates to the applicant’s interest in public health, career goals, purpose for applying to the program, and how the program will serve future goals.
- Completed applications and submitted documentation including essay, CV/resume, test scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation and all other materials listed below.
- Three Letters of Recommendation - while not required, it is recommended that at least one letter come from a faculty member who can attest to the applicant's academic performance.
Admissions Process and Instructions
To apply for admission to the Colorado School of Public Health (CSPH) master of public health program, applicants are required to complete the online Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) application.*
*Exception: Some joint degree seeking students, occupational medicine residency, preventive medicine residency, and some fellowship applicants are required to follow the application process using the CSPH online supplemental application. Please see your individual program page for details on application instructions. Fellowship applicants, please contact the Office of Student Affairs for a determination of your application process, Admissions.CSPH@ucdenver.edu or 303.724.4613.