To apply for admission to the Colorado School of Public Health (CSPH) doctor of philosophy program, applicants are required to complete the online Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) application.
Application Deadline: February 1
- A bachelor’s degree and master's degree* in a field related to health services research from an accredited institutions.
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA in undergraduate coursework and any subsequent academic coursework. If the GPA is below a 3.0, applicant should include an explanation of why it fell below a 3.0 and how the applicant plans to address any prior academic deficiencies as a graduate student. Students admitted to the MPH program with an undergraduate GPA below a 3.0 will be admitted on a provisional basis.
- Prerequisite coursework completed at or above the undergraduate level: 1 semester of college level calculus.
- Official GRE or MCAT scores** - GRE Code: 7844 - Students submitting the GRE typically average above the 50th percentile in all required categories.
- An essay that addresses career goals and purpose for study, approximately two pages, single spaced in length. The essay should describe past experience as it relates to the applicant’s interest in public health, career goals, purpose for applying to the program, and how the program will serve future goals. Please also identify a faculty member whose research interests align with your own.
- Completed applications and submitted documentation including essay, CV/resume, test scores, 1 copy of all academic transcripts, 3 letters of recommendation and demonstrated math course work through integral calculus.
*A graduate degree (or graduate work in process) in a relevant field is strongly encouraged, though the PhD program will consider exceptional candidates with a Bachelor’s degree.
Admissions Process and Instructions
To apply for admission to the Colorado School of Public Health master of public health program, applicants are required to complete the online Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) application.* International applicants must also complete the requirements outlined in our International Admissions process.
SOPHAS Mailing and Contact Information
SOPHAS | P.O. Box 911 | Watertown, MA 02471
617.612.2090 | http://www.sophas.org