Application Deadline: January 15, 2015
- An MPH or Master’s or higher degree from an accredited institution in a related field (additional core coursework will be required for individuals who do not meet this requirement).
- Previous Work in public health. At least two years of work in public health or related field is preferred.
- A minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA in previous graduate level studies. If the GPA is below a 3.5, applicant should include an explanation of why and how the applicant plans to address any prior academic deficiencies as a DrPH student.
- GRE scores. The MCAT, DAT, LSAT, PCAT or GMAT may be substituted for the GRE.
- An essay that addresses career goals and purpose for study, approximately two pages, single spaced in length. The essay should describe past experience as it relates to the applicant’s interest in public health, career goals, purpose for applying to the program, and how the program will serve future goals.
- A Current Resume or CV which includes the following information: professional work experience, volunteer experience, academic credentials, professional affiliations and any awards, honors scholarships or other recognitions received
In addition to the above, Focus Areas for the DrPH have additional requirements for previous coursework specific to those areas:
Community & Behavioral Health | Environmental & Occupational Health | Epidemiology
Admissions Process and Instructions
To apply for admission to the Colorado School of Public Health (CSPH) doctor of public health program, applicants are required to complete the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) application.
Step 1 | SOPHAS Application
The SOPHAS application may take you several hours to complete, so it is best to prepare your information in advance and set aside time to complete the process. You will be required to complete the following information or submit the following items:
- Applicant Information
- Additional Information
- Academic History [Tests (CSPH School of Public Health GRE Code: 7844); Colleges and Universities attended; Coursework; and Curriculum Vitae/Resume]
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives
- References (3 letters of recommendation)
- School Designation (Enter your CSPH ID here)
- SOPHAS application fee (your fee amount will vary depending upon the number of schools to which you apply)
SOPHAS Mailing and Contact Information
SOPHAS | P.O. Box 9111 | Watertown, MA 02471
617.612.2090 | email@example.com | http://sophas.org
Submit official TOEFL Scores. Applicants whose native language is not English or who have not earned a degree in the United States must submit TOEFL scores earned within two years preceding the desired term of entry. Minimum score required: 550-paper; 213-computer; 80-Internet. SOPHAS TOEFL code: 5688
Transcripts from non-US institutions need to be verified by the World Education Services (WES) and submitted directly to SOPHAS. A course-by-course transcript evaluation is required.
Financial Statement. Admitted international applicants must submit official proof of funding for at least one year of tuition, fees, and living expenses and an official request for I-20 form to CSPH.
Alternatives to the GRE: DAT, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT or PCAT
SOPHAS gathers all application materials and verifies documentation before releasing your application to CSPH. Your application materials must be received by SOPHAS by the February 1, 2013 application deadline. It may take SOPHAS 3-4 weeks to receive, process and verify your application and materials before releasing your materials to CSPH. For this reason, we recommend that you begin the application process well in advance of the February 1, 2013 application deadline.
Step 2 | Check Your Application Status Through SOPHAS
You should check the SOPHAS portal to ensure that all required documents have been received by SOPHAS and that your completed application has been sent to CSPH. Please note that it may take SOPHAS up to 3-4 weeks to process and send your SOPHAS application to CSPH, and that incomplete applications will be reviewed.
Upon receiving your completed application and supporting documents, your application will be considered ready for review. The CSPH Admissions Committee will review your application after the February 1, 2013 application deadline. Following review a decision will be made regarding your application status. You will receive notification of the decision via e-mail by mid-March.