We have compiled common questions about the CoSIBS program. If you have other questions or need further information, then please email us at CoSIBS@UCDenver.edu
1. What happens after I have accepted admission into the 2019 CoSIBS program?
Ms. Rocío Vélez-Pesante will work with you to arrange your travel and registration for the CoSIBS courses. Specifically:
· Travel: The program will cover the cost of your round-trip costs in traveling to and from Denver. You will arrive on Sunday, June 16 and depart on Saturday, July 27.
· Registration: Ms. Vélez-Pesante will work with you to register as a non-degree-seeking student at the University of Colorado Denver. You will register for two courses in the theory and methods of biostatistics. These courses are each worth 3 semester hours of credit at UC Denver. The CoSIBS program will pay your tuition for these courses.
2. What is the housing like?
- You will be housed in the Centennial Towers at the University of Denver (DU):
University of Denver
- Students will be housed in groups of four per room. The rooms have two 2-person bedrooms a common shared area, and bathroom. Floor plans can be found on the Centennial Towers website
3. Are meals included?
- Yes, breakfast and dinner are provided in the dining halls at the University of Denver (special dietary needs are accommodated), and lunches will be provided on the Anschutz Medical Campus.
4. Do I have to stay at the University of Denver?
- Yes, the extra activities and shared experience are an important part of the SIBS programs, so it cannot be a commuting program.
5. Can I drive a car to Denver?
- Yes, and there is some parking available at DU. If you are planning to drive to Denver, then we will get that information when we arrange travel.