Automated Solid-Phase Peptide Synthesizers
• AAPPTec Focus XC-4RV for Boc- and Fmoc-chemistry
• CEM Liberty Microwave for Fmoc-chemistry
Analytical and Preparative HPLC Systems
• Agilent 1100 and 1200 HPLC analytical systems
• Agilent 1100 LC/Electrospray MS system
• Beckman System Gold preparative HPLC system (10 ml/min max.)
• Sharp Semi-prep Gradient Purification System (5 to 50 ml/min)
HF Cleavage apparatus for Boc-chemistry
Peptide Synthesis (Solid-phase / solution phase)
Peptide Purification (Reversed-phase HPLC)
Peptide Characterization (LC/MS)
Peptide Conjugation (polyclonal/monoclonal antibody production)
Quantitation (amino acid analysis)
1. The key to successful peptide research projects is consultation between the researcher and core facility staff.
2. We will help select and design the appropriate peptide sequence for each application including how and where to incorporate fluorescent and biotin labelled probes, incorporation of modified and isotopic labelled amino acids and covalent constraints to stabilize peptide conformation, etc.
3. Prices for synthetic peptides are dependent on peptide length and quantity required by the researcher.
Our prices are competitive with all other facilities world-wide.
No Charge for Consultation.
4. Our facility only provides synthetic peptides at purities greater than 95% at the milligram to gram scale.
5. All peptides are analyzed for purity by analytical reversed-phase HPLC and characterized by LC-MS (electrospray mass spectrometry).
6. Quotations are provided for each peptide project and cost reductions are given for ordering large numbers of peptides.
7. Peptides can be synthesized using L- and/or D-amino acids or unusual amino acids.
8. Depending of the requirement of the researcher peptides are synthesized using Boc-, Fmoc- or a combination of these chemistries.
9. We can couple synthetic peptides to carrier proteins for production of polyclonal or monoclonal antibodies. We generally couple to Keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH) for antibody production and Bovine serum albumin (BSA) for screening antibodies by ELISA.
Peptide and Protein Chemistry Facility
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Bldg. RC-1 South, Room L18-1308
12801 E. 17th Avenue, Mail Stop 8101
Aurora, CO 80045
Dr. Robert S. Hodges, Director
Office: Fitzsimons, RC-1 South Tower, Room 9121
Dziuleta Cepeniene, Professional Research Assistant
Office: Fitzsimons, RC-1 South Tower, Room 1308