ExPASy Molecular Biology Server
The ExPASy (Expert Protein Analysis System) proteomics server of the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB). This server is dedicated to the analysis of protein sequences and structures as well as 2-D PAGE.
A tool for computating various physical and chemical parameters for a given protein stored in SWISS-PROT or TrEMBL or for a user entered sequence. The computed parameters include the molecular weight, theoretical pI, amino acid composition, atomic composition, extinction coefficient, estimated half-life, instability index, aliphatic index and grand average of hydropathicity (GRAVY). (References).
Protein Interaction Facility
Temperature, length, energy, pressure, volume, density, specific volume, specific heat (entropy), enthalpy, thermal conductivity, viscosity, and coefficient of heat transfer conversions. Just enter a number and we will convert it for you!
Quadratic Formula Solver
||6.022045 * 1023
||1.380662 * 10-23
||J mol-1 K-1
||3.298 * 10-24
||cal mol-1 K-1
||1.602 * 10-19
|Molar gas constant
||J mol-1 K-1|
||0.082057 * 10-3
||m3 atm mol-1 K-1|
||cal mol-1 K-1|
||6.626176 * 10-34
|Velocity of light
||2.998 * 108
|Base of natural logarithms
Molar Ellipticity Online Conversion
Thermo-dynamics of Protein Unfolding
|Soybean trypsin inhibitor
National Institute of Standards and Technology
Elemental data index, physical constants, atomic spectroscopic data, molecular spectrscopic data, ionization data, x-ray and gamma-ray data, radiation dosimetry data, nuclear physics data, etc.
Web sites of interest to Optima(tm) XL-A/XL-I Analytical Ultracentrifuge users.
- Reversible Associations in Structural and Molecular Biology (RASMB). The website at the Boston Biomedical Research Institute offers archived software, tutorials for time derivative and Nonlin software, bibliographies, links, and FAQs.
- Center for Analytical Ultracentrifugation of Macromolecular Assemblies (CAUMA) at the University of Texas Health Sciences Center, San Antonio. Publications by the faculty, tutorials for Van Holde-Weischet software, and educational and diagnostic information.
- Protein Interaction Facility, University of Utah. Provides information about analytical ultracentrifugation, titration calorimetry and optical biosensor technologies, which are used to define the assembly state, thermodynamics and kinetics of a reaction. The facility also operates on a fee-for-service basis.
- Association of Biomolecular Research Facilities (ABRF). News, electronic posters, discussion groups concerning major technologies.
- National Analytical Ultracentrifugation Facility of the University of Connecticut Biotechnology Center. Offers software, collaborative studies, modified instrumentation and workshops.
- UK National Centre for Macromolecular Hydrodynamics (NCMH). Consultation and collaborative work using analytical ultracentrifugation and other techniques.
- Iowa State University Protein Facility