In order to graduate, as an undergraduate student in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (CLAS), you must complete the following steps. If you do not complete each of these steps, this may result in a delay in your graduation:
- Meet with your advisors:
- Meet with your CLAS advisor to review your progress in completing the overall degree requirements of the College and UCD.
Note: Schedule this meeting before you register for classes for your final term, in order to avoid the busiest time for CLAS Advising, which is at the start of each semester.
- Meet with each of your major and minor advisors to review your progress toward each specific program.
Note: You will also want to schedule your meeting with each department before you register for classes, in order to avoid peak advising times.
- Apply online in your UCD Access portal before the census date of the term in which you intend to graduate:
- Login to the UCD Access Portal.
- Click on the Student tab.
- Click on the Student Center button at the top of the tab.
- In the Student Center, select "Apply for Graduation" from the drop down box under "Academics".
- On the graduation form, make sure to provide the correct address to which you want your diploma to be mailed.
Updates and information about Commencement will be sent to your UCD e-mail account after you have turned in your application. If you are forwarding this account please be sure your spam filters are off or you will miss important updates.
Graduation ceremonies are held at the end of Spring and Fall terms. Summer graduates are invited to participate in the Fall commencement ceremony in December.
Your diploma will include only your degree information (Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science) and your major. Your major option, minor, and any certificates you have received will not be noted on the diploma itself. Your transcript, however, will reflect this additional information.
CU Denver's Office of Records will not begin to mail diplomas to graduated students until approximately two months AFTER commencement. Please contact the Office of Records if you have any concerns about receiving your diploma.