Professor of Psychology
Office: NC 5008C
Office Phone: 303-556-5907
Vitae: Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Borrayo's research focuses on health disparities in the prevention, control, and treatment of cancer among ethnic minorities, women, and older adults. Her research projects have focused on the psychological, cultural, and social factors involved in breast cancer screening and in the treatment of lung and head-and-neck cancers among Latinas and Latinos affected by these cancers. She conducts research in both community and medical settings.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, 1999, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- M.A. in Psychology, 1997, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- B.A. in Psychology, 1993, University of the Ozarks, Clarksville, Arkansas
- Executive Director, 2011 - present, Latino Research and Policy Center, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado
- Professor of Psychology, 2012 - present, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado
- Associate Professor of Psychology, 2008 - 2012, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado
- Associate Professor of Psychology, 2005-2008, Colorado State University, Fort Collins , Colorado
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, 1999-2005, Colorado State University, Fort Collins , Colorado
Rosales, M., Gonzales, P., & Borrayo, E.A. (2012). Strategies for facilitating the recruitment of Latinas in cancer prevention research. International Public Health Journal, 4(3), 149-158.
Gonzales, P., & Borrayo, E.A. (2011). The role of physician involvement on Latinas' mammography screening adherence. Women's Health Issues, 21(2), 165-170.
Borrayo, E. A., Gonzales, P., Marcus, A., Flores, E., & Espinoza, P. (2009). The Latina Breast Cancer Screening Scale: Beliefs about breast cancer and screening. Journal of Health Psychology, 14, 944-955.
Borrayo, E. A., Hines, L., Byers, T., Risendal, B., Slattery, M.L., Sweeney C., Baumgartner, K.B., & Giuliano, A. (2009). Characteristics associated with mammography screening among both Hispanic and Non-Hispanic white women. Journal of Women’s Health, 18(10), 1585-1594.
Lawsin, C., Borrayo, E. A., Edwards, R., Belloso, C. (2007). Community Readiness to Promote Latinas’ Participation in Breast Cancer Prevention Clinical Trials. Health and Social Care in the Community, 15(4), 369-378.
Levinson, A., & Borrayo, E. A., Epinoza, P., Flores, E.T., & Pérez-Stable, E. J. (2006). What keeps some Latinos from using pharmaceutical aids to quit? An exploration. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 31(2), 167-171.
Borrayo, E. A., Buki, L., & Feigal, B. (2005). Breast cancer detection among Latinas: Is it worth the risk? Qualitative Health Research, 15, 1244-1263.
Borrayo, E. A. (2004). Where’s Maria? A video to increase awareness about breast cancer and mammography screening among low literacy Latinas.Preventive Medicine, 39, 99-110.