Our application deadline is February 15 for admission the following fall. All of the required application documents must be received by this date. It is the applicants responsibility to follow-up with the Graduate School (303/315-0049) to confirm that submitted documents were received.
The graduate program in Anthropology is an active participant in the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education’s Western Regional Graduate Program (www.WICHE.edu). Students from WICHE states (Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington and Wyoming) pay in-state tuition while maintaining residency in their home state. Just indicate in your application packet that you wish to take advantage of this program.
Application is open to holders of a B.A., B.S., or higher degree in any field*. We welcome applications from individuals pursuing particular interests and careers, especially those related to one of the department's areas of concentration. Acceptance to the program is competitive and based on the application as a whole rather than preference in any one area:
- Apply Online: Domestic and International
- An undergraduate record of good quality ( minimum 3.0 GPA or higher for all undergraduate studies)
- One copy of transcripts from all undergraduate/graduate institutions attended are required.**
- Prior training in anthropology (see below for details)
- GRE scores (verbal, analytic, and quantitative)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of applicant's goals, both in graduate school and in their career after completing our program
No Prior Training in Anthropology?
If you have no prior anthropology training, we encourage you to gain the necessary background before applying to the graduate program. *Students may be admitted without prior anthropology training but may be required to make up deficiencies without graduate credit during the course of their graduate study.
**Transcripts and other supplemental documents not uploaded to application should be mailed to the Graduate School at the following address:
University of Colorado Denver
Graduate School, CB 163
P.O. Box 173364
Denver, CO 80217